The financial Analyst who will work closely with and report to the CFO, help with budgeting/forecasting, reporting, analytics and reporting for operations, special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for reporting on operating expense variances monthly for management package.
- Manage the preparation, analysis and submission to the CFO of monthly financial reporting, yearly budgets, and long-term strategic business plan
- Perform monthly variance analyses between budget/forecasted and actuals and review with project managers to reconcile discrepancies.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Support the Finance Manager in the implementation of financial policies, analysis of financial and economic impact of business operations on the Company’s results, identification and selection of the most appropriate accounting treatments in order to achieve the Company’s financial objectives.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
- Assist in cash forecasting and tracking committed dollars for all relevant projects (such as AFEs, large capital costs projects,)
- Quarterly variance reporting needed for reporting and external auditors.
- Assist in Quarter and Year-End accruals.
- Assist in budgeting process and review.
- Forecast monthly operating expenses and expense projects.
- Responsible for budgeting for assets, operation costs and projects.
- Assist field operations with cost tracking and reporting needs.
- Prepare and manage JV or operating agreement billings.
- Account reconciliations for external auditors.
- Special projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in finance, or accounting
- MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Organized and self-motivated individual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient organizational, oral and written communication skills required.
- Outgoing personality.