Our company is looking for a Finance Officer to perform a wide range of complex professional accounting duties in the analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports; makes complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; and performs related duties as assigned by the GCFO.
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Preparation of long-term business plans while undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Monitoring and controlling income, cash flow and expenditure against budget
- Will oversee and may assist with processing all payments including vendors invoices, individual reimbursements, and other accounts payable and receivables, and researches discrepancies as required
- Provide assistance to the GCFO regarding the integrity of the General Ledger, the preparation of monthly management reports, budget input and monitoring and production of all financial reports on monthly basis as well as end of year accounts close process
- Liaising with External Auditors and Regulators in carrying out statutory examinations
Skills / Competence Requirement
- Good presentation and excellent courtesy attitude
- Excellent numerical skills
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office tools most especially Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work under pressure with less supervision
- Must demonstrate a good analytical mind
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a Team
- Must have good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must have a good understanding of the Financial Services Sector
- Must have a good presentation skills.
- B.Sc (Hon) Degree with minimum of Second Class Upper (2’1) from a recognized University
- Must be a Chartered Accountant.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience