- To oversee day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting and cash flow management, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, vendor relationship management, internal processes control towards ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
- This role also leads the local finance team, ensuring accurate and timely reports that the Company’s senior management locally and globally can rely on as well as providing strategic guidance to ensure that the Company’s financial commitments are met.
- Overseeing and preparing accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Analyse financial data and prepare analysis to guide decision-making of senior management
- Provide general accounting oversight
- Develop/ensure policies comply with applicable accounting and financial reporting framework
- Report financial information to the Group CFO at periodic intervals
- Preparation and oversight of management accounts for use by Group financials and auditors
- Working closely with auditors to ensure management accounts are delivered accurately and timely
- Ensure that all financial and statutory regulations are complied with
- Coordinate with other departments for compliance and implementation of financial management policies, budgets, etc. with emphasis on identifying efficiencies and opportunities for cost reductions across the business.
- Ensuring invoices are properly approved and coded in general ledger.
- Monitoring and balancing cash flow to meet obligations
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a recovery plan is in place.
- Coordinating with external financial, compliance and tax auditors.
- Creating and monitoring company policies and internal controls, especially spending controls, fraud reduction
- Evaluating and managing risks across the department including the travel center
- Managing financial transactions
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Developing plans for financial growth and increased efficiencies
- Resolving escalations from customer service teams relating to Finance issues; identifying patterns and processes to ensure issues don’t repeat themselves
- Ensuring a productive working environment within the finance team – this includes championing their successes, reviewing workload & automating processes, providing team members with relevant training for their roles.
- Any other assigned duties
Skills and Competences:
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent required
- More than 10 years of experience in related financial management experience
- A Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Preferably experience with SAGE applicable local accounting
- GDS (Amadeus), BSP experience beneficial
- Accounting, Auditing, Compliance experiences.
- Experience with analytical and financial modelling skills
- Experience in financial operational excellence, including workflow enhancement, Automation and ERP across the finance and accounting function.
- Understanding of large/voluminous transaction business and service-based business.
- Advance Accounting & Financial techniques
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS.
N1,200,000 – N1,500,000 annually.