Location: Oniru, Lagos
- An executive Legal Assistant is a professional who ensures that his/her employer adheres to the law, gives advice, and monitors all applicable aspects of it, ensuring that their employers follow the proper procedure in every way possible.
- We are looking for a highly qualified Executive Legal Assistant to oversee the legal aspects of our business.
- You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that our organization strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics or issues.
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority, etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s fulllegal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Deal with debt recovery matters and recovery of debts
- Take responsibility for all personnel matters in all their ramifications
- Get involved in all business driving of the organization.
- Be responsible for the membership drive and services of the Institute.
- And any other responsibilities or duties that may be assigned from time to time
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law with a license to practice
- 2 – 4 years work experience
- Proven experience as an Executive Legal Assistant in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills.
The expected remuneration for this role is N200,000.00 subject to review based on productivity, loyalty, and professionalism.