Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- This role is responsible for providing Application Support within the ICT team. To assist the Project Manager in the delivery of the ICT Application Support Services
- Troubleshooting SQL services outages whenever required.
- Developing required APIs to integrate into 3rd party applications.
- Modifying and maintaining the ERP used in the company.
- Updating, verifying and validating data that will be spooled as reports for the company wide use.
- Code check-ins, making pull requests and maintaining code development in case of modifications on the ERP
- Migrating data by developing complex SQL queries and automating such using SQL jobs.
- Provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the IT team are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency.
- Provide support for application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary.
- Undertake application problem analysis and resolution for application problems in conjunction with the users and application suppliers.
- Assist with implementation of ICT application projects and provide technical input where required.
- Analyze data from systems and produce technical and business reports for departmental managers.
- Examine application functionality and performance and provide information about how it can be improved.
- Maintain interfaces, exports and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
Key Result Areas / Performance Goals
- Completion of projects and associated with defined and agreed deadlines.
- Internal IT SLA performance.
- Maintenance of applications and systems to minimize systems faults and incidents.
- Computer Science Degree plus appropriate professional qualification
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is an added advantage.
- One or more of the following IT related certifications will be desired: MCSE, OCP, CITP, MCSA, ITILv3 and Information Security Certification Tracks.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- 4 years plus relevant work experience in ERP/Enterprise Application systems, analysis and design.
- Strong query development skills using modern day database (SQL).
- Ability to generate reports using SQL query development and SSRS.
- Ability to design and modify applications using modern programming languages such as Angular, C# and
- .Net Core.
- Experience using GitHub for code management (Pull requests, code check-ins, etc).
- Ability to use modern day development tools and frameworks such as Visual studio, visual studio code.
- Experience in implementing and upgrading business applications.
- Experience of supporting business application systems.
- Hands-on experience in database administration and strong SQL based programming and reporting development, including data modeling methodologies.
- Sound understanding of Application and Data Security
- Application Design and Development.
- IT Business Acumen.
- IT Governance
- Contract/Vendor/Outsourcing Administration.
- High impact presentation
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Ownership Mentality.
- I-CARE attitudes (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- CAN DO attitude.
- Emotionally and socially intelligent.