Department: Services – Human Resources
- This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HR lead to innovate alongside a stellar growing people team that is passionate and driven, to contribute to employee engagement, and deliver excellent employee experience to staff through initiatives in Learning and Development and Performance management.
- To be successful in this role, you will take a true partnership approach to your work, thoughtfully balancing the needs of the people team and the broader organization.
- You will also work collaboratively with HR Centres of Excellence and a newly implemented HR Business Partner function to develop and deliver integrated People solutions seamlessly and assist the regions as required.
Key Job Functions
Learning and Development:
- Align the organization’s objectives to the learning agenda at M-KOPA by partnering with line managers to analyze development needs and develop learning strategies and programs to address these needs.
- Design and implement requisite learning solutions and methods across the organization (Learning systems, Lunch and learn, coaching, secondments, etc).
- Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training.
- Develop a clear line of sight between all Learning and Development initiatives and organizational goals to ensure both qualitative and quantitative Returns on Investments for all interventions.
- Monitor and report on all learning and development analytics and propose recommendations based on the reported data.
- Coach and train line managers and empower them to drive Learning and Development efforts within their teams.
- Monitor and report on the learning and development spend within the organization and make recommendations on improvements on the same.
- Coordinate the implementation feedback and development actions from performance reviews and associated support programs.
- Partner with the rest of the People Team and external specialists as needed to execute global engagement operational initiatives and priorities within the organization.
- Handle and resolve escalations and exceptions by facilitating stakeholder discussions that balance business needs, employee experience, and risk mitigation.
- Lead on all critical people related improvements and culture initiatives across the organization.
- Monitor and report on the quality of the onboarding process and recommend improvements on the same.
- Incorporate a continuous feedback culture into all people-related touchpoints to ensure employees are growing through actively giving and receiving feedback.
- Ensure the full adoption across the business for all Engagement and people platforms within M-KOPA.
- Oversee a performance management process that focuses employee efforts on the achievement of business goals and the attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth.
- Monitor, coordinate and report on the High Performer and High Potential Programs across the organizations and implement modifications to the policies.
- Apply continuous improvement to our performance management process and implement strategies that enable both short-term and long-term growth and benefit the people and the organization.
- Oversee and manage all activities related to the performance management cycle and manage all communication, sensitization, and monitoring of the process in close collaboration with HRBPs to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the business needs.
- Partner with HRBPs to create a high-performance culture and an enabling to maximize staff engagement and productivity.
- Work with the HRBP and compliance team to ensure cascading and education of employees to ensure compliance with the performance management policies, process, and systems; ensure that the process is implemented in a fair and transparent manner
- Implement systems and processes that encourage a meaningful performance and development dialogue between the manager, the employee, and vice versa.
- Facilitate discussions with management through HRBPs to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and priority areas and enable them to continuously track current performance highlighting any areas of concern for immediate corrective action.
Experience / Skills & Competencies / Licences & Certifications / Education Required
- Diploma / Degree Holder in a related field.
- Relevant experience in a strategic HR employee experience/talent management role of at least 5 years.
- Proven track record in creating and maintaining employee communications strategies and plans; devising and implementing, effective, result-oriented employee communications projects and programs, with an emphasis on business change.
- Certification in a learning and performance systems is an added advantage
- Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized.