Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Indirect reports To: Technical Director
- Under the general guidance of the Technical Maintenance Manager ensure efficient & high quality supervision for the technical staff and execution for all technical repairs and maintenance for container terminal Equipment’s.
- Continuously making sure that no interruption to the service offered by each equipment to operation with the best technical mean as possible to delivered safe & reliable equipment.
- To execute all planned , Corrective and Breakdown maintenance works for Electrical & Automation related field equipment like PLC, Drives other field equipment’s like Sensors , encoders loadcell etc.
- Responsible in leading and providing guidance to maintenance team in handling specialized electrical & Automation technical repairs for the terminal equipment’s towards achieving equipment reliability and availability.
- Prime responsible for safety of workforce and equipment.
- Determined training need for subordinates and Develop On job training ,class room training for PLC, Drives , troubleshooting for technical support team for all level.
- Able to apply any modification (software or hardware) in PLC & Drive programming as per management need.
- Ability to develop strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies.
- Develop & execution of the preventive and Corrective Maintenance Program of Terminal & Workshop Equipment’s.
- Planning and scheduling of Machine, Manpower and Material and Break Down Analysis and Elimination of Repetitive Break Down.
- Responsible to Annual Maintenance budget preparation and tracking through analysis of expenses and cash-flow
- Needs to drive the staff in a way that everyone follows the right process and duties, being all able to perform the job.
- Responsible to rewise and create the necessary risk assessments and SOP for the new jobs . In order to achieve maximum efficiency and quality for maintenance , needs to organize, manage and monitor all Technical activities described in all SOP.
- Must ensure that LFT Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure that the equipment is maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive or corrective maintenance program and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
- Supervise and lead planned maintenance or repair works, which carried out by technicians or contractors or OEM, to ensure that the works are done according to schedule, procedures and specifications.
- Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
- Maintain PLC & drive program Back up. Make all PLC password protected.
- Maintain the PLC & Hardware bypass record & plan to rectify them according to criticality level.
- Root cause Analysis for PLC , Drives & LV Electrical system related repeated fault and Ensure that repeated breakdowns are repaired promptly, Control repaired time through adequate planning and scheduling.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Creates, issue purchase requisitions of material/parts & Authorizes finishing (closing) open work orders
- Writes accident reports; participates in accidents/damage evaluation/costs/Investigation
- Organize meetings with the staff to communicate goals, objectives, and planning and scheduling, and to motivate group to achieve these goals.
- Identify and recommend stock levels for components and assemblies which are required; consequently authorize, or seek authority, within budgetary limits to purchase specific items.
- Monitor the manpower levels and requirements within his Department. This will also include an active role in the recruitment and subsequent employment selection process.
- Monitor and enforce all HSSE requirements when carrying out work.
- Provides direction and instruction to subordinate staff, providing regular feedback and regular appraisals.
- Provides complete and accurate reports to management, as needed and Brief daily activities to Maintenance Manager and seek advice as required.
- Monitoring the ongoing development projects & keep updating and feed back in regular basis.
- Audit checks for Quality of maintenance activities
- Perform other duties as required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Achieve and maintain all terminal KPIs.
- Expert in PLC (SIEMNS) & Drive system (Sinamics)
- High level of analytical & troubleshooting skill for port equipment’s .
- Required exceptional time management due to fast moving demanding work.
- Zero discrepancies between planning and executing.
- No delay in mail and correspondent handling.
- Hands on experience & lead by example.
- Result Oriented, strong follow up , Negotiation skill.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma / Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Instrumentation, Mechatronics, other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 Years of working experience in the related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in leadership capacity.
Skills and Abilities Required in Position:
- High standard in computer skill.
- Experience in Various PLC & Drive system development & maintenance experience.
- Experience in various software testing , Test Automation and scripting/coding.
- Experience in working with PLC software programming in Industrial Automation system.
- Expert in all type of Port Equipment Maintenance.
- Ability to generate high volumes of relevant work, sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary and work with business-like approach to daily changes.
- Takes ownership for work. Meet daily challenges with a positive and open mind.
- Strong reasoning abilities and sound judgment. Good reporting and registration capability.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various equipment, and heavy industrial machinery.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
- Experience in a fast paced , demanding environment (Technical aptitude, Automation Vendor Management. Incident Management , Process development )
- Must have a working knowledge of supervisory and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other team members in a positive way and lead a department of individuals.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.