Reference Number: Panda/SCHAIN/2022/00002
Loaction: Panda, Nassarawa
Supervises (Direct/ Indirect): Nil
Reports to: Head Supply Chain
- The Demand & Supply Planning Manager is the responsible for creating and maintaining the consensus 18 months rolling demand plan for Finished Goods and VISITS Materials at multiple levels of aggregation, using statistical models within APO, and utilizing insights from Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the forecast consensus meeting and operates the statistical forecasting system Sales and Marketing team in the demand planning phase of each months S&OP cycle to ensure a consensus forecast
- Work closely with the supply and distribution teams to ensure products availability in the right quantity at depots/location/customers in line with the consensus demand or activity plans.
- Identify and advise promptly abnormal demands situations, forecast accuracies and how to address identified issues
- New Product Launch monitoring and reporting
- Generate a supply plan based on demand forecast required to meet customer needs and marketing requirements
- Generate weekly production plans for the factory in line with the supply plans, ensure an agreed production plan with the factories on a weekly basis.
- Monitor production to plan performance and coordinate action for improvement with supply chain colleagues and factory management.
- Monitor finished goods inventory level, taking action on any foreseen shortages and excesses and ensuring stock levels remain within agreed targets.
- Monitor forecast and sales performance weekly and adjust plan accordingly.
- Monitor phase in / phase out planning process to minimize slobs and ensure raw materials product availability.
- Optimising the balance of inventory across the supply chain network in line with target customer service levels, levels of forecast accuracy and safety stock levels, for the allocated SKU’s.
- Plan materials for production in line with MRP system requirements.
- Monitor weekly usages, material stock variance, stock levels and advise next delivery.
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product introduction and phase outs
- Provide feedback to the supply chain in the area of stock and demand replenishment and associated risks.
Working knowledge, skills and competencies, and attributes
- Ability to maintain a strict rhythm
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of WOS management
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and operations
- Operational Process Mapping, Analysis and Improvement Skills
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of S&OP process and importance to SCM
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to influence and deliver proposals to customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head Supply chain or COO.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Demand and Supply planning with 3 years at managerial level.
- Relevant professional qualifications are added advantage
- Experience in a planning environment
- Demonstrable experience in the faculty of Demand Planning
- Demonstrable experience or advanced academic knowledge of supply planning concepts.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document, addressing the position requirements and Reference Number to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the email.