Location: Lekki Pennisula, Lagos
Reports to: Chief Corporate Services Officer (CCSO)
- The Corporate Services Manager will be responsible for providing overall support to the functions within the Corporate Office.
- The Corporate Services Manager will maintain and enhance the company’s legal, procurement, client/supplier relations, human resources, admin & facilities departments by planning, implementing, and evaluating regulatory requirements, purchasing procedures, stakeholder management, employee relations, human resources and admin policies, programs, and practices.
- Develop and execute the corporate services strategy (i.e. HR, Regulatory, General Services, Stakeholder Management, Procurement and Legal) in line with the overall objectives of the organization.
- Review, recommend and implement industry best practices policies and procedures for the Corporate Services Division ensuring that they align with the company’s goals.
- Set and monitor the sector’s budget and implement improvement initiatives on cost and/or working capital reduction.
- Oversee and guide the activities of the HR, Regulatory, General Services, Stakeholder Management, Procurement and Legal.
- Derive and develop medium and short-term plans and executive programs to manage and achieve the Corporate Services goals.
- Monitor the Corporate Services Sector’s performance against pre-set performance goals to ensure that progress is being made in the desired direction and preventive/ corrective actions are taken accordingly.
- Propose new initiatives, plans and programs to improve the effectiveness of the Corporate Services Division and service delivery to other divisions.
- Advise senior management on corporate services’ issues.
- Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up the smooth running of activities and discuss their suggestions as well as adopt appropriate procedures and executive plans with respect to these suggestions.
- Review all reports prepared by subordinates and prepare periodic reports with respect to the Corporate Services’ activities and achievements to be submitted to the direct supervisor.
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates according to scheduled plans and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Recommend training needs of subordinates and evaluate the outcomes of training courses.
- Practice duties and roles in line with the authorities as illustrated in the authority matrix
- Prepare and defend budget and monitor all costs based on budget guidelines.
- Report performance for the department goals and financial objectives and report progress to the board of directors.
- Maintain and update knowledge/skills relating to the HR, Regulatory, General Services, Stakeholder Management, Procurement and Legal departments
- Ensure sensitivity and respect for the rights and privacy of clients, vendors, stakeholders and staff
- Maintain professional conduct in attitude and performance to ensure professional standards are maintained
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, health and safety, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion, benefits, salary reviews
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Career planning, analysis of training needs coordination/delivering training and staff inductions
- Staff recruitment process manpower planning created job descriptions ensure career opportunities are posted and updated on the company’s website.
- Liaise with consulting firms and recruitment agencies in outsourcing key functions.
- Prepare offer letters, carry out reference checks, and manage confirmation of new hires.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external training bodies, examination bodies and recruitment consultants.
- Design, update and implement staff training programs and update existing ones.
- Review impact of developmental plans with heads of departments.
- Design and implement a performance management system in line with the company’s strategy.
- Manage and ensure companywide adoption of the performance management system
- Maintain current records of all staff details with respect to personal information, salary and benefits such as welfare, Pension, medicals etc.
- Formulate and implement sound, current and innovative HR policies in with labour laws and business objectives. Ensures they are communicated to employees and implemented company-wide.
- Designs, establish, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of division staff.
- Provides legal counsel and guidance on all legal matters relevant to a large public institution, including personnel law, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and laws pertaining to financial transactions, contracts and grants, tax matters, worker’s compensation, liability and insurance matters, public monies and purchases, affirmative action, and other laws and regulations.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues and counsels management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Reviews, researches, interprets and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Selects and retains outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle claims and litigation.
Administration, Facilities Management:
- Coordinating and project management of all company activities in the areas of, administration, facilities management and functions
- Regular reporting of all activities, performance of the admin, legal, facilities management and legal and regulatory functions
- Devise and use effective sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts for viability and practicality
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Negotiate with suppliers and clients
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor from time to time based on the company’s priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (2:1 or above) in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Law or Social Sciences from a reputable higher institution is required.
- 6-8 years of experience.
- Completion of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program
- Qualified CIPM, CIPD/SHRM or registered member is compulsory.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources or MBA is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated hands-on approach to Corporate Services management
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Corporate Services operations at both a strategic and operational level
- Demonstrated experience in Corporate Services
- Excellent negotiation and performance management skills
- Professional work approach and attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team-based environment
- Ability to manage high volume workloads with attention to detail
- Commitment to professional development
- Excellent project management skills.
- Quality Management
- A reasonable understanding of modern business requirements
- Think logically and clearly
- Meet assigned deadlines
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Ability to create, review and update policies and procedures.