The Incorporated Trustees of Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization [hereinafter referred to as “Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)”] a local not for profit, faith based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Communication Associate for it WEWE/State2State project in Ebonyi, WEWE received a subgrant from DAI Global, LLC under To Implement a USAID funded State2State project with the goal to increase the Accountability, Transparency, and Effectiveness of Seven (7) Local Government Areas (LGA), in Ebonyi State, Nigeria
The organization’s core ideologies are: We believe that;
- The change the world wants to see may be hidden in the life and destiny of an OVC.
- One child who is an orphan or vulnerable child could be the one that has the destiny to positively change a Nation such as Nigeria.
- We can be used by God to significantly contribute to improving the lives of millions of widows, orphans, vulnerable children & other vulnerable populations in Nigeria & Africa.
- We need to be the best and continually strive to beat our yesterday’s performance.
- In this Nation Nigeria, we have highly skilled Nigerian professionals that can come together to show forth our spirit of excellence and ingenuity.
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God fearing Communication Associate who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerian’s are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares this ideologies and who sees helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from the Almighty God.
Location: The successful candidate will be based in Ebonyi
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies and short documentaries
- Update and maintain WEWE’s website, social media platforms and blogs
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copying, designing, line editing and substantive editing)
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent, who has completed NYSC (or has a written exemption letter) with a First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, mass communication, journalism, or any social science related fields.
- Additional certifications on communication or its equivalent will be added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 1 to 2 years post NYSC experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw
- Experience in Media Production ,Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Applicants based in Ebonyi will be added advantage