Our client, a major player in the Finance and Investment industry, is looking to hire a Transactional/Commercial Attorney. The Attorney will be responsible for the day to day provision of legal regulatory advisory and compliance support services to the Fund Manager Teams and the Firm.
Transaction Support to all Deal Areas:
- Working with core investment teams on required deal structuring input
- Reviewing all related draft memoranda and agreements
- Support with negotiating agreements
- Providing needed legal input along the Investment Making process at the Firm’s operating companies
- Analysis and development of key legal learning on past and current deals to serve as precedents to the firm.
Management of External Counsel and Advisors:
- Briefing of external counsel on a need basis
- Interfacing with external counsel as may be required
- Oversight and quality control of work done by external counsel
- Managing the value received from external counsel engagement
Internal Legal Advisory Function:
- Supporting with on-going legal input to internal functions and projects
- Driving such actions as are necessary to secure the Firm’s ongoing legal compliance
- Stress testing by periodically evaluating the Firm’s ongoing compliance with legal, regulatory and commercial obligations
- Developing and codifying L&C’s Operating Policies and Manuals
- Developing and maintaining L&C’s legal resource centre (hard & electronic)
- Supporting the Firm’s pro bono/charitable initiatives, including structuring, start-up, and running of the Firm’s Foundation.
- Where possible encouraging in-sourcing of appropriate legal work to ensure enhanced financial returns/ savings from the team
- Team leading and management responsibilities
- Discharging specific responsibilities that may be assigned by management from time to time
- Business development support: information/relationships leverage, etc to pursue/convert opportunities.
- 10+ years of Transactional experience (advisory, structuring, contract drafting and negotiations.
- Experience working in a law firm is an added advantage (solicitor’s work and commercial litigation /dispute resolution experience).
- Initiative, creativity, proactive and solution driven thinking.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Strong organization skills, able to prioritize conflicting demands on multiple tasks in fast paced context (under pressure) while paying attention to detail.
- Models/maintains the unwavering standards of ethics, conduct and organizational policies.
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and stakeholders; ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment (both cross-functionally and externally).
- Excellent writing skills, contributions to industry publications, journals and knowledge exchange from time to time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent