Our client, agricultural production company needs an experienced individual who will be responsible for developing, leading, and directing the implementation of company business strategy, objectives, and plans, focusing on operations, projects, administration, human capital, business development, quality, health and safety and other functional areas and align them with the overall strategies and goals of the farm to fill the role below.
Job Position: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Igbariam/Anambra State
- Shall be responsible for the general coordination and supervision of all farm operations from planning to execution.
- Forge strategic partnership and relationships with clients, and all other professional business relationships
- Partner with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cashflow, systems, reporting and controls.
- Directly supervises the maintenance team to ensure efficient deployment and routine maintenance of farm machineries and equipment.
- Provide oversight and supervision on human capital management, to ensure required personnel are available and retained.
- Directly supervise the procurement and inventory management teams to ensure alignment with business strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for oversight and management of risk, driving synergy and collaboration across all operations and functions.
- Supervises the activities of quality, health, safety, and environment of management team to ensure standard biosecurity, quality, health, and safety practice in the farm.
- Participates in the company’s decision process as member of the executive committee.
- Work closely with senior management team to create, implement and rollout plans for operational processes, internal infrastructure reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitability, and efficiencies within the company.
- A degree in business or related field.
- MBA from top business school preferred.
- 5+ years of executive level operational experience required.
- 10+ years at COO level is preferred.
- Good experience in poultry/processing plant operations preferred.
- Good Knowledge of data analysis and KPIs.
- Strong understanding of poultry agribusiness value chain preferred.
- Exceptional executive presence, business acumen and presentation skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding planning, organizational and time management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.