Job: Business Systems Analyst / Senior Business Systems Analyst (Grades 7 / 8) at DAI
Function of the Position
- The Business Systems Analyst is a member of the Management Systems Team (MST) with in the Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT). MST is focused on developing management systems for DAI ’s projects around the world.
- The business systems analyst will be part of a strategic initiative to move the existing systems into new platforms and re- imagine the way that system solutions are provided to our global users.
- S/He w i ll al so work with DA I ’s current projects to identify system requi rements and w i ll work with IT dev e l opers to enhance existing systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
New Systems Analysis and Testing:
- Contribute to system analys is of project and corporate needs in support of DAI’s digital strategy to ensure that the new project management system suite is stream lined, user friendly and supports DAI’s corporate vision and best practices.
- Serve as a key liaison between DAI’s IT devel opment team; project users and corporate stake holders to identify the ir system or reporting needs. Document these requirements and work with development teams to identify the best p latform or reporting tool to address them.
- Develop requirements documentation for hand over to software development teams for project or corporate systems.
- Assist in functional testing of newly devel oped system functionality and collaborate with developers to resolve identified issues.
Existing Systems Analysis, Configuration and Reporting:
- For DAI project users, often in-person at location, facilitate the process of defining system requi rements, conducting system analysis and enabling configurations.
- Identify modifications needed to existing processes in the system based on user input or compliance changes.
- Learn and understand system data structures and help the team analyze corpor ate and project reporting needs; identify best platform and solution.
- Ensure that the management and reporting needs at the field level align with the needs of corporate project, finance and contract management.
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of experience and a Master’s Degree.
- Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of experience and a Masters Degree.
- (Equivalent combination of training and/or experience will be considered);
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Experience with gathering and document user requirements, as well as working through these with developers from the position of a systems analyst.
- Demonstrated interest in leveraging digital solutions to meet critical business needs.
- Experience in oral and written communication including analysis, report preparation and report presentation
- Proven ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, both individually and in a team environment, to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe – (estimated travel requirement up to 20%)
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Some system testing or test script writing experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Outl ook
- Experience w ith Agile methodologies for requirements gathering and development.
- Demonstrated interest in systems and Information Technology field.
- Facilitation, training, and presentation experience.
- Understanding of the development industry in general including major donors (i.e., USAID, US State Department, EC, etc.).
- Other language a plus (Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)