Location: Gusau, Zamfara
The Governing Council of Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) hereby announces that the positions of Bursar will be vacant soon. In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous provisions) Act 1993 (as amended) the Council invites interested and qualified candidates with cognate experience in the positions to submit applications in line with the specifications outlined below:
- The Candidate for this position shall be visionary, a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of the University system and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class financial system.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT compliant. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership and on-the-job proficiency training to the Bursary staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Possess a good honours Degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management or any other related field or related subjects from recognised tertiary institutions;
- Possess recognized Accountancy professional qualifications, e.g. ICAN, ACMA, ACA, ANAN, CPA, ACCA, CNA. Possession of a higher degree will be an added advantage;
- The candidate should have at least twelve (12) years cognate experience in an Institution of higher learning, and ten (10) years post-professional qualification experience. In addition, the candidate must be holding the position of Deputy Bursar in a University or equivalent in a comparable institution.
- Be computer literate and must be conversant with accounting and auditing softwares, e. be free from financial embarrassment and enjoy good physical and mental health, and
- Be below the age of 60 years at the point of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years and may be extended for a further period of one year only, provided he or she has not attained retirement age as at the date the six years would lapse.
- The appointment is governed by the provisions of the Universities act as amended) and Federal Government Establishment circulars as may be adopted by the Governing Council from time to time.
The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as are applicable to the Bursar in any Federal University in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward typed Applications in 30 copies with the Photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the following details among others:
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Professional and other qualifications obtained with dates
- Working Experience (i.e Post heald, duration and salary) and
- Publications (if any)
Applications should be sent to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B 1001 Gusau,
- Applicants should send the names and addresses of the three (3) referees, at least two (2) of them should be competent to attest to the candidates’ professional / academic standing and character.
- Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential reports direct to the address above
- All Applications should be submitted to the above mentioned address on or before the closing date as no application will be collected after the closing date
- Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledge.