Our Client is one of Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing Technology Company. They aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Some of their achievements include winning the Future of Workplace Awards for Employer of the Year and One of the Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria by Jobberman in 2018, amongst others. Their culture and values revolve around Dynamism, Autonomy, Team work and Agility which reflect our attitude towards work and our light hearted spirit towards our people.
As a Backend Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Work through the full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Create technical test specifications and schedule estimates for new products.
- Contribute to the development of both internal and partner software integration projects, as well as new web and mobile applications.
- Maintain and extend existing codebase and libraries.
- Communicate complex ideas with ease, both in person and in writing.
- Provide escalated ticket/incident management for supported applications as well as will participate in defect management, issue tracking/trending.
- Taking leadership in owning issue resolution and driving them to completion.
- Ensuring that incident and problem management processes and procedures are followed and adhered to standards.
- Communicating to end users, engineers, and operations.
- Provide performance /capacity metrics and ad hoc reporting of the same.
- Provide technical expertise and share knowledge with team as required.
- Monitor the application performance and provide technical support as required.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or Electronic, Telecommunications and any Physical science.
- 1-3 years working experience in all aspects of web and mobile application development, management and VAS.
- Experience in building scalable realtime systems with
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Ex Deep understanding of server-side technologies, web security, cross browser compatibility challenges, mobile development anatomy, sms based stuff.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style.
- Working knowledge of relational database design and management.
- Practical experience in writing test scripts for API testing and/or QA automation tools.
- Node.js, HTML5, Elasticsearch, Linux (Command line knowledge such as BASH, ZSH, or
- FISH), Basic Understanding of Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure), Docker, Serverless Technologies