Job ID: 2200015823
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded to the business.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Support resolution of competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
- Support the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of CFCC-related policies and procedures in country/business to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Act as Process Owner for CFCC CPBB Advisory-owned (sub-) processes under the Group’s Risk Management Framework, including implementation and roll-out of relevant processes and DOIs.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/Sanctions/CDD].
- Act as (second line) Risk Control Owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework for those aspects of Regulatory Compliance relating to [AML/Sanctions/CDD], and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
- Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Support the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB to anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML/Sanctions/ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
- Represent the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB at the relevant risk governance forum.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Support the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB to prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Support the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB to propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support the Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the country Compliance function team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Law, Accounting, Economics or other related fields
- Compliance Professional Qualifications or other related Professional qualifications.
- Head, CFCC Nigeria and West Africa
- Head, CFCC Advisory, CPBB
- Head, CDD Ops
- CPBB Nigeria.
- FCC Nigeria
- CFCC Governance, Nigeria
- Group PSCU.