Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Fleet is Responsible for supporting the Fleet operations with adherence to standard and policies regarding vehicle operation within eHealth Africa and ensures the safe and economical usage of vehicles.
- S/he assists in leading and directing the efforts of all fleet personnel, ensuring a safe, efficient and cost competitive corporate fleet operation which encompasses vehicle and equipment budgeting, procurement, operation, maintenance and regulatory compliance.
What you’ll do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in ensuring that all vehicles and equipment in the fleet are properly maintained, registered, licensed, tested and, to the extent appropriate, operated in accordance with Legislation and regulations.
- Interfaces with other departments, programs and projects to ascertain fleet operation needs. Ensures accurate maintenance of records pertaining to acquisitions, disposals, repairs, warranty and insurance claims. Coordinates the input of relevant data to the Fleetio Fleet Management system.
- Assist in the management of fleet procurement, fleet maintenance and operations support areas, by ensuring fleet availability, performance, user satisfaction.
- Oversees routine and ad hoc maintenance of vehicles in the fleet and provides status report on vehicle performance. Obtains tags/licenses for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement..
- Performs unscheduled inspections on drivers and vehicles ensuring compliance with established guidelines. Monitor vehicle utilization and provide advice on appropriate action to improve this. Implement and maintain an electronic Fleet Management system
- Maintains the fleet conditions including developing operation plans for fleet services, scheduled and preventive maintenance. Reviews resource levels and as necessary to ensure service delivery.
- Monitors vehicle movement and fuel consumption. Streamlines and monitors fuel purchase systems with assistance of Fuel Cards/vouchers for all vehicles and drivers.
- Performs any other duty assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree from College or University in Fleet Operations, Logistics, Management, or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in Fleet and Transport Management; experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant and advanced Fleet Management experience may substitute for the Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge business practices applicable to Fleet operations and automotive repair; comprehensive knowledge of business practices applicable to fleet Management.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective project teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Exemplary skills with leading and managing multidisciplinary teams, as well as mentoring other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Must have a pleasant and courteous disposition.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have a good knowledge about eHealth Africa organizational culture, activities and practice.
- Must have a valid Nigerian driver’s license and be able to drive
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program
- Advanced computer skills, including google sheet, google docs, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.