- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and coordination of administrative and operational functions including office management, employee business services, procurement, front desk procedures and processes, and overall building management.
- The Admin Manager will also work closely and direct the affairs of the Interns, Kitchen Staff, Office Assistant as well as the Cleaners.
- As the Finance Officer, you are responsible for overseeing all financial and accounting duties of the organization, which includes accurate financial record keeping, conducting market surveys, analyzing financial information, purchases and preparing financial reports, keeping assets record and reconciling budget and expenses within the organization.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Assist in implementing strategic human resource policies that enable the Company to effectively fulfil its mandate by recruiting the right type of staff, and deploying and developing them effectively.
- Administer the letters of appointments and other personnel documents in relation to staff appointment.
- Ensure and update the accurate job descriptions for all positions within the Company.
- Shall assist in the planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new employees of the designations.
- Ensure that induction plan is signed off and filed in the personal file of all employees.
- Play key role in organize and carrying out induction courses to new staff as well as the refresher course for all staff.
- Coordinate confirmations of probationary periods.
Attendance and Leave Management:
- Track the attendance of all staff daily in line with Company requirements and standards.
- Track annual leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of annual leaves for all staff.
- Provide this information on monthly basis to the Operations Manager.
Salary Processing / Payroll:
- Draft and prepare monthly payroll for all staff and presents same to the CEO for approval.
HR Policies and Strategies:
- Keep up to date with changes in employment legislation advising managers and employees of significant changes and updating policies and procedures as required.
- Conduct and participate in salary and benefits surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefits plan.
- Advise management on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits and the development of standardized pay and title scales.
Employee Performance, Retention and Separation:
- Assist in coordinating training activities for staff in line with human resource development strategy.
- Implement and evaluate training programmes for staff development.
- Keep training records and budget up to date and report to management.
- Maintain and coordinate employee motivation and recognition programmes.
- Provide guidance to staff on career development.
- Develop and implement staff retention processes to minimize attrition rates.
- Prepare employee termination notices and related documentation and conducts exit interviews with the Operations Manager to determine reasons behind resignation.
- Coordinate exit management procedure to ensure a seamless and positive transition for departing employees.
- Ensure resignation letters are received for employees who intend to leave.
- Prepare exit separation documents for staff members leaving the Company.
- Provide monthly turnover and attrition reports to management and develop staff succession plans.
- Undertake all recruitment and selection related administration including advertising, managing recruitment inbox, scheduling interviews and liaising with applicants.
- Monitor and track completion of activities such as induction programs and probation reviews, and undertake administration-related to cyclical people activities such performance reviews and salary advancements.
- Prepare employment contracts, letters, new employee packs, induction packs, and other HR documents and correspondence.
- Co-ordinate training and development requirements, make course bookings, liaise with attendees and facilitators, and manage and track attendance.
- Maintain all staff records, files, registers and databases, as well as HR forms.
- Manage internal and external enquiries, respond to information requests and maintain information flows with business areas.
- Administer employee allowances and reimbursements.
- Co-ordinate administration of Work Health and Safety matters and related activities.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with meetings including minute taking, record keeping of attendance and dissemination of minutes.
- Supervise the Interns, office assistant, kitchen staff and cleaners and be responsible for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation as well as addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Customer Invoicing and Receipting:
- Invoice customers on a timely basis.
- Capture debtors’ payments.
- Issue customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Follow up on overdue debtors’ accounts.
- Ensure all suppliers invoices are appropriately authorized for payment, and captured daily.
- Make supplier payments in accordance to instructions from Management
Reconciliations of Key Accounts:
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a daily basis.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Ensure all statutory returns are accurately submitted on due dates once they have been reconciled.
Payment and Financial Transactions Processing:
- Prepare vouchers and cheques for the release of funds and procure logistics as approved.
- File payment vouchers and receipts and keep soft copies of all payments and receipts using Excel or any accounting software.
- Ensure maximum compliance of tax laws, especially with withholding taxes in all purchases.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate processing of income and expenditure transactions.
- Ensure that the purchases and payments, and credit control systems are kept under regular review, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Ensure that the organization’s income is promptly collected, accounted for and secured.
- Process employees pay in accordance with administrative requirements.
Budgets and Financial Statements:
- Assist in preparing and maintaining annual budgets.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports as required.
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Comply with local government reporting requirement.
- Provide information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Capture and reconcile petty cash accounts.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management if required.
- Produce balance sheet, profit and loss and project summary reports as required by the Management.
- Follow up outstanding debts, maintain records and provide reports as required.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for end of financial year audits.
- Assist with office projects from time to time – providing specific book-keeping support, research and report writing, etc.
- Comply with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements.
- You may need to perform other reasonable duties which are not listed in this position description from time to time to meet our business and operational needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management.
- B.Sc in Business Management, Administration or Human Services.
- At least one-year experience in an office management, finance and administration role.
Other Selection Criteria (Skills, Knowledge and Experience):
- Working mastery of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with client management systems.
- Understanding of the challenges, importance and issues of working within administration.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills including ability to multi-task; prioritize, and a willingness to keep up to date on all relevant technology changes undertaking training as required by the position.
- Natural problem-solver; willing to initiate and lead in unpredictable circumstances.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and take critical decisions.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
- Highly motivated with an ability to solve practical problems and follow written, verbal or other instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Tactful and discreet at all times.
- Sharp analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills with an ability to remain calm under pressure particularly when responding to people who may exhibit difficult behaviours or have poor communication skills.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques employed in effective office administration and management.
- Ability to make independent decisions as well as to prepare reports and statements.