- The job holder will be responsible for providing financial administrative support to the finance team.
- He/She is to complete payments, control expenses by disbursing payments, processing, verifying, reconciling invoices, manage all payment cycle/activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a record of all vendors invoices and payments.
- Maintain a record of inter-company billings and payments.
- Process all vendors’ payments and staff’ claims in accordance with the company’s policy.
- Ensure prompt recording and/or application of payments of accounts payable into the General Ledger, including inter-company billings.
- Maintain record of WHT deductions from Vendors and ensure remittance to the appropriate authorities (LSIR & FIRS).
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounts payable to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statement for key vendors.
- Provide daily accounts payable information for cash management purposes.
- Assist Team Lead in preparing monthly financials.
- Assist Team Lead in preparing treasury forecast.
Education and / or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in Cash control and financial management.
- ACA or Student Membership of a professional Accounting Body is highly important.
Essential Skills / Knowledge:
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Word and ERP.
- Knowledge of statutory report preparations (VAT/WHT/PAYE).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Effective corporate communications skills.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- High accuracy in data entry.
- Petty cash management.
- High level of Reconciliation Skills.