By Kyle Becker
Dr. Jill Biden toured the Hurricane Ian wreckage with nominal President Joe Biden on Wednesday. Her choice of attire seemed remotely familiar for a First Lady: ‘Kitten heels.’
I'm told by reliable sources that Jill Biden is wearing kitten heels as she leaves for the trip to visit hurricane damage in Florida.
Not stilettos, as Melania Trump wore in 2017 that triggered the haters when she went to Texas to view damage from Hurricane Harvey pic.twitter.com/CcEm3fLsxQ
— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) October 5, 2022
“I’m told by reliable sources that Jill Biden is wearing kitten heels as she leaves for the trip to visit hurricane damage in Florida,” Charlie Spiering of Breitbart News noted. “Not stilettos, as Melania Trump wore in 2017 that triggered the haters when she went to Texas to view damage from Hurricane Harvey.”
Here were the heels that triggered a mainstream media meltdown after Hurricane Harvey.
Here is a sample of breathless headlines, courtesy of The Federalist:
- The New York Times: “Melania Trump, Off to Texas, Finds Herself on Thin Heels.”
- Vogue: “Melania Trump’s Hurricane Stilettos, and the White House’s Continual Failure to Understand Optics.”
- BuzzFeed: “Melania Trump Wore Stilettos On The Way To Texas And People Lost Their Minds.”
- Harper’s Bazaar: “Melania Trump Gets Backlash for Wearing Heels to Help Hurricane Victims.”
- Business Insider: “The designer behind the ‘storm stilettos’ Melania Trump wore to Texas after Hurricane Harvey has spoken out.”
- Hollywood Reporter: “Melania Trump Wears Her Stilettos to Tour Houston Flood Zone, No Joke.”
- Vanity Fair: “Who Wears Stilettos to a Hurricane? Melania Trump.”
Tristan Justice provides some apt context for the media’s noticeable silence about Jill Biden’s “kitten heels.”
“According to Inside Edition, Melania Trump didn’t even wear the stilettos in Texas. The first lady changed into a pair of sneakers on the plane,” Justice writes.
“While the shoes themselves don’t matter, the double standard absolutely does. The conduct of Trump’s critics not only reveals open animosity for the former first lady, but also reveals just as much how the corporate press approached the Republican administration at large. From disparate hysteria over DOJ resignations to the difference in coverage between the Russia hoax and the Hunter Biden laptop, there is no shortage of examples,” Justice adds.
The double standard is the point. The hysterical coverage was never about the media hating Melania Trump’s heels, it’s that they hated Melania Trump. Jill Biden, on the other hand, can dress in outfits that look like couch drapery, and wear fishnet stockings with not a peep of protest.
See any resemblance?
— The Right To Bear Memes (@grandoldmemes) October 3, 2022
Here is what Jill Biden wore in Puerto Rico:
What is going on with these shoes Dr. Jill wore in Puerto Rico?! pic.twitter.com/xbOJCja0fY
— Brick Suit (@Brick_Suit) October 5, 2022
Remember this ‘tasteful’ classic?
— Christopher WebbVOTE (@cwebbonline) April 4, 2021
Jill Biden is no fashionista, and she certainly can’t pull off an outfit like former model Melania Trump, but that’s not the point. The point is that the American media cannot be trusted to play it fair, even on the simplest topic like the First Lady’s shoes.
Source: Becker News