Izabel Goulart is a Brazilian fashion model. She is best known for having been one of the Victoria’s Secret Angels from 2005 to 2008 and for her work with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and Armani Exchange.
Goulart was born on Tuesday, 23 October 1984in São Carlos, São Paulo. Her full name is Maria Izabel Goulart Dourado. Her zodiac sign is Libra. The school was a particularly rough time for Goulart, as she was made fun of for her skinny build and was called names such as “giraffe”.
Height (approx): 5’9
Weight: 53 kg
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Brown
Family and ethnicity
She is of Portuguese and Italian descent.
Parents & Siblings
The name of Izabel’s parents is not known.
She has four brothers and one sister. Her youngest brother, Guilherme was diagnosed with diabetes when he was just 1 year old. Her other brothers are Douglas Goulart Dourado, and Willian Goulart Dourado (business man.)
Relationships/ Affairs, Husband, Children
In 2006, she was dating Brazilian businessman Marcelo H. L. da Costa. The couple was engaged in 2009 but after 8 years of being together, they ended their relationship.
In 2015, she began dating German footballer Kevin Trapp, the goalkeeper for Eintracht Frankfurt. On 5 July 2018, they announced their engagement.
In a very funny incident, while shopping for groceries with her mother at age 14, a hairstylist suggested that she should become a model. She then decided and moved to the state capital, São Paulo, and started modeling. Afterward, she moved to France to develop her career. Goulart returned to São Paulo in August 2001 (aged 16), where she joined her former agency Success. Her career in the Brazilian fashion world was established by Ney Alves, presently the director of Major Models Brazil.
Izaebel Goulart and Ralph Lauren
Even though she is one of the greatest models of all time, her career started with a bad event. She experienced a wardrobe malfunction during her very first runway show! She states,
“For some reason, everyone was wearing clothes and they put a bikini on me,” she says. “They tied up the bikini and put the top part behind my back and I was like ‘Guys that’s not going to work out. I’m not feeling comfortable with that. It’s going to fall.’ They’re like, ‘No you’re fine with this. Go girl, go!’ And then I started walking down. I was nervous, it was my first time and I felt my bikini top falling. I felt as I was walking something was coming down slowly and I was like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God, help me,’ and when I completely got in front of the photographers it fell. I was just frozen and I saw everyone around me standing up clapping and laughing.”
Izabel says that it was one of the most humiliating and embarrassing moments for her. However, she was able to put it all behind her and returned to the runway for all the A-list designers like Bill Blass, Jill Sander, Michael Kores, Ralph Lauren, and Stella McCartney!
Izabel Goulart signs with Victoria’s Secret
By 2005, Izabel moved to the US where she was signed by multiple-year contract by the VS. Her first catwalk was with Gisèle Bündchen, Marisa Miller, Adriana Lima, Petra Nemcova, and Alessandra Ambrosio. The Brazilian bombshell made her debut for the company later that year by modeling a bikini made out of candy at the 2005 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. “It was so delicious,” she says. “I was like talking to myself. I was like, ‘OK Izabel, if you be a good girl, don’t let anything fall out, and if you don’t fall you deserve to eat your outfit later on. And that’s what I did. It was so sweet. It was so delicious.” She received a star on the Hollywood “Walk of Fame” before the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2007.
Izabel Goulart On Entourage
Izabel has since made multiple appearances in prominent ads for Cori, Diesel, Forum, G Series, Osklen, Pollini, Triton, Valfrance, Yohji Yamamoto, Zoomp, and more. In 2007, she made her acting debut with a supporting role in the hit HBO series Entourage. In mid-2013, she became the face of MAC Cosmetics Tropical Taboo range and she did a photoshoot with Zee Nunes for the October edition of Vogue Brazil in an editorial entitled “Olympiada Fashion”.
In 2011, Goulart appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She can be seen in the spring/summer 2011 campaign for Dolce and Gabbana, the Pre-Fall 2011 campaign for Givenchy, Yamamay’s 10th Anniversary Collection, and the Fall/Winter 2011 campaign for DKNY Jeans. She ranked number 100 in FHM magazine’s list of the 100 Sexiest Women In The World in the same year itself. This was also the year when she also appeared on one of the four covers of Elle Brasil.
- In 2007, Goulart won the Cool Magazine’s “Toshiba Cool Planet Award” in the category of “Best Model”.
- As a Victoria’s Secret Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine’s annual “100 Most Beautiful People in the World” in May 2007.
Movie: City of Angels
Singer: Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam
Songs: “Black” and “Daughter” by Pearl Jam
- Skiing is one of her favorite activities and you can often see her going on skiing trips with her friends!
- She likes to practice yoga every morning.
- She is a beach and a pool person. She has many pictures on her Instagram account where she is seen swimming.
- She can also ride a horse.
- She loves kids and is often seen with her niece Dudhiana. She even accompanies her to the gym sometimes.
- She does a lot of boxing for keeping herself fit.
- When she was in Paris in 2019, she picked up a new skill – Skateboarding!
- While health is important for her, she does not compromise in indulging a bit. She is often seen having some spaghetti and pizza while traveling! Most of the time, however, she is seen having fruit and vegetable infused water and raw fruits and veggies.
- She announced her engagement on July 5 2018 to her long-time boyfriend, Kevin Trapp.
- She has been on the covers of magazines like Harper’s Bazar, Glamour, & Quem.
- She is a part of the Nike Training Club.
- She has a pet dog who she calls “princess Harlow.
- In 2016 for Rio Olympics, she was selected as the brand ambassador for Time Brasil, the official committee of the Olympics in Brazil.
- She had a wardrobe malfunction while she was on her balcony in St. Tropez.
- She has 4.6 million followers on Instagram.
- She has posed topless several times for her photoshoot.
- She feels that a hard part of being a model is to stay away from home and her mom’s home-cooked meals. She says, “the hardest part about being [a Victoria’s Secret Angel] is I spend time away from my mom’s food and away from my home with my five siblings”.
- She can speak Portuguese, English, and French. She says that she would like to learn Italian too.
- She says that she does not like her man to be late on the first date.
- She says that contrary to popular opinions that she likes to live a model life, she is very simple and wants to keep things natural.
- Izabel Goulart does charitable work, helping hospitals in her native Brazil to raise money to provide free insulin for diabetic children in need. She has also taken an active role with the Diabetes Research Institute (DRI) at the University of Miami, a recognized leader in cure-focused research. In 2009, Goulart became the DRI’s international ambassador and in that role helped to promote the work of the DRI throughout her travels.
- Goulart appeared in an episode of Two and a Half Men (season 4, episode 9: “Corey’s Been Dead for an Hour”)
- She made a guest appearance in the thirteenth episode of Season 3 of Entourage alongside fellow Angel Alessandra Ambrosio.