Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Asaba, Warri – Delta, Ado Ekiti, – Ekiti Akure – Ondo, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Kano, Abeokuta – Ogun, Ibadan – Oyo, Calabar – Cross River, Benin – Edo, Osogbo – Osun and Nsukka – Enugu
Pay band: Paid per Candidate examined
About the Job
- We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners in various locations across Nigeria.
- You will conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment in Nigeria through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations in Nigeria
- Training of successful candidates will be part of the recruitment process.
- An Undergraduate or Master’s Degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an Undergraduate or Master’s degree (3 years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s Degree).
- A TEFL / TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (at minimum Certificate level).
- EFL / ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum Certificate level equivalent).
- A Degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language).
- All qualifications must be validated by a reputable institution and accredited by a professional certification board. If requested, applicants are required to provide additional information regarding their qualifications (e.g. transcript, course curriculum, evidence of external validation, accreditation by a certification standards board, etc.)
- Any expenses related to verifying qualifications are to be paid by the applicant. You will be required to produce the original certificates for all qualifications.
- A minimum of three years full-time TEFL teaching experience (or equivalent part time) is required. Almost all of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over). Full-time teaching’ is classified as a minimum of 14 hours of face-to-face teaching per week. Freelance and volunteer teaching is not included.
- If an applicant’s EFL / ESOL qualification is at Certificate level (or equivalent), one of the three years of full-time teaching experience must be post EFL / ESOL Certificate qualification. If the EFL / ESOL qualification is at Diploma level or higher, the teaching experience can have been completed before the qualification.
Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Skills
- An IELTS Examiner is expected to have the following professional attributes and interpersonal skills:
- Completes tasks accurately and in sufficient detail
- Observes the need for confidentiality and security
- Responds positively to guidance and advice
- Acts professionally at all times
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and candidates and treats others with respect
- Is sensitive to cultural differences.
- Existing right to live and work in Nigeria.