Skip to content

‘I should sue this fool’

  • Sports

Jake Paul is less than impressed by John Fury’s comments after the Tommy Fury fight was cancelled for a second time.

The pair were set to meet on August 6, however Tommy was unable to enter the US for their press conference late last month and it became unclear if he would be able to resolve the issue in time for the fight.

Mark Robinson/Matchroom

Jake Paul is 5-0 (4 KOs) as a pro boxer

Therefore, Jake has replaced him with Hasim Rahman Jr.

“Tommy wasn’t exactly in training,” John told DAZN, “He’d only had about ten days because he’d been on holiday and it was a surprising thing for him.

“I was away and being busy elsewhere so I never got the chance to look at it properly.

“When I’ve paid attention, I noticed the whole thing wasn’t right anyway, but I said ‘Okay, it is what it is, if you want to go over there and box him, do it.’

“[I said], ‘You’re experienced enough now and it’s a 50/50 platform. I know you could be fitter, you’re overweight, but it’s entirely up to yourself because I’m busy and I can’t do it.’

“So, he said “Okay then, I’ll do my own thing and I’ll go fight him anyway because I can beat him.’”

John Fury exchanged words with Jake Paul himself when they initially had their first press conference

Stephen Dunkley/Queensberry Promotions

John Fury exchanged words with Jake Paul himself when they initially had their first press conference

Jake took to social media to react to these comments.

He tweeted: “I should sue this fool.

“[His] own dad exposes why he pulled out a second time.”

The American previously stated that he was set to pay the Brit a purse of $2million for the fight.

Now though, he’s made him an offer of $500,000 for a fight in the UK after he’s faced Rahman.

In response, Tommy tweeted: “I wouldn’t get out of bed to fight you for $500k.

“Let me know when you’re ready to have a serious conversation.”

OFFER OF THE DAY

Source: Talksport.

Tags: