The Human Resources Manager is expected to work with the Director of Human Resources (DHR) in providing comprehensive, professional and employee focused HR services to Jhpiego Nigeria and to support the implementation of the HR strategy. The successful candidate will provide practical, timely support, advice and direction to Jhpiego staff on the full life cycle of HR activities including HR policy and procedures interpretation, donor and legal regulations, employee relations, compensation and benefits practices among others.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources in development and implementation of Human Resource strategies and best practice processes aligned with Jhpiego global HR standards and Nigerian labour law.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Human Resource policies, procedures and systems ensuring consistency and harmony with the Global HR Standard Operating Procedures, other organisational level policies and national labour legislation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of performance management systems for all staff.
- Lead on Learning and development initiatives in collaboration with the DHR and project teams to facilitate the achievement of organisational learning goals.
- Provide an interface between staff and the organisation to facilitate their knowledge of policies and respond to a variety of employment related questions, concerns and issues related to the full HR life cycle in line with Jhpiego standards
- Manages and supports operational issues related to employees, including post related allowances, health and others as identified.
- The jobholder will provide advice to staff and supervisors on various HR policies, good practices for effective and motivated staff.
- Lead on the recruitment process including review of job descriptions, advertisements, screening of applications, interview and selection process, reference checks and contracting ensuring standardization of processes and compliance with Jhpiego policies.
- Raises HR-related issues with managers in a proactive and diplomatic fashion, identifying practical solutions and appropriate action plans;
- Collaborates with the Recruiting team to analyze and generate offers of employment, with a focus on applicability of Jhpiego compensation standard and donor policy as related to allowances and other benefits.
- Provides oversight for staff onboarding and offboarding identifying trends and recommending actions to address concerns.
- Develops and maintain periodic human resources reports, utilizing standard HR-related metrics;
- Understands and is able to serve as back-up on all functions, including payroll, HRIS, periodic compensation and benefits surveys among others.
- Manage the review and renewal of the Jhpiego medical scheme.
- Provide day-to-day administration of staff benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits.
- Lead on maintenance of up to date employee records in both electronic (JEMS and ICIMS) and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
- Coordinate monthly payroll changes including timesheets, variation reports and interface with finance on related activities.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure compliance with GHR, JHU; assist with compilation of statistics and material in support of affirmative action and various compliance requirements.
- Work closely with DHR to manage grievances and staff discipline
- Coordinate the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events e.g. staff recognition award, staff team building and meetings, wellness activities and other HR initiatives.
- Drive staff towards a common and shared vision and mission.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Educational Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership of a HR professional body (CIPM, CIPD, SHRM) is essential
- A minimum of 8 years’ progressive practical work experience in Human Resource. Background as a HR generalist will be an added advantage
- Experience working with medium to large sized donor funded INGOs. Experience working with USAID funded organisations will be an added advantage.
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian employment practices.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, sensitivity, and respect for confidentiality.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to details and ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong team orientation.
- Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
- Strong presentation and communications skills, oral and written.
- Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Donors policies and procedures.
SALARY RANGE: NGN870,000 – NGN950,000 Monthly Gross