Human Resources Associate at Vencru Nigeria Ltd
At Vencru, we know how it feels to be taken for granted. We know how painful it is to waste time on calculations when you should be getting customers . We also know how it feels to lose money, because it’s difficult to track what’s selling the most and where our money goes. That’s why we’re here for you.<…
Read more about this company
Vencru is seeking a Human Resources Associate to join our team and help set up Human Resources operations in our subsidiary. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in various HR functions, including recruitment, employee relations, HR policies, and procedures.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Assist with recruitment by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Assist with recruitment activities, including job postings, resume screening, and scheduling interviews.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding, including preparing new hire paperwork, conducting orientation, and assisting with the setup of employee records.
- Support employee relations efforts by responding to employee inquiries, escalating issues as necessary, and providing general HR support to employees.
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records and databases.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned by the HR team.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR associate(essential).
- Exposure to labour law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
If you are a dynamic, results-driven growth marketing professional with experience in B2B SaaS, we would love to hear from you!