- This post holder will be responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff in the Nigeria country office.
- The HR Officer will work under the supervision of the Country Director to ensure Alert Nigeria is compliant with labor laws.
- The post holder will be responsible forday-to-day office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resources management:
- Support with induction and orientation of country staff with regards to Alert Nigeria’s HR and Operational systems.
- Provide guidance and ensure employees are using Alert’s performance management system.
- Monitor probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Manage payroll preparation and statutory and internal deductions, maintain payroll records and issuing monthly payslips
- Monitor employee’s enrolment into local benefits and insurances.
- Tracking leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are updated as per organizational requirements.
- Keep the Alert’s HR system (People HR) up to date
- Support the country office with the full life cycle of recruitment process
- Liaise closely with HQ HR Team on any issues arising and as required.
Office Operations and administration:
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR processes.
- Manage the office operations while ensuring operational requirements including utility bills are paid and up to date, operational needs are met, rental agreements are kept up-to-date and facilities such as water, electricity, etc are maintained
- Maintain relationships with vendors (General order supply, flights, car, hotels etc) all across Nigeria.
- Supervise Drivers and Janitors
- Make sure office vehicles are properly maintained and logbooks are compiled in an orderly fashion
- Ensure Alert is compliant with Alert global eco-friendly framework
- Contribute to developing and implementing project monitoring and evaluation plan.
Contribution to Alert
- Ensure understanding of programme strategies and activities;
- Liaise closely with Alert’s London office, especially the Facilities and HRteams, ensuring streamlined operations management between Nigeria and London, and providing required information in appropriate formats;
- When delegated, represent Alert Nigeria and participate in workshops
- Other relevant tasks as required by the line manager.
- The position will be based in Abuja, with regular travel to field locations in Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Social Science, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or any other relevant discipline
- Experience in HR and Operations for an International NGO
- Excellent communication, networking and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively (write, speak, and prepare reports) in English. Knowledge of Hausa would be an advantage
- Experience in negotiating best value contractual agreements with service providers
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Power point, etc
- Personal and professional integrity, flexibility, initiative and a “can-do” attitude and meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to field locations.
- At Alert, we have introduced Talent Management to our business model as we believe talented people are crucial to the success of our work.
- We believe all individuals are talented and success comes in matching the right talents to the right roles.
- For this role, the skills, qualifications, and experience listed below are important, but we believe that to be successful in this job you will have highly developed communication skills and be highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- You will have an ability to apply critical thinking with the ability to appropriately challenge wen required.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.