HR/Legal Officer at ResourcePRO
Human resources officers are responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing, and placing workers. They may also handle employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training. They oversee specialists in their duties; consult with executives on strategic planning and link a company’s management with its employees.
- The human resource officer is responsible for recruiting, training, and developing staff.
- Making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time
- Pensions and benefits administration
- Approving job descriptions and advertisements
- Looking after the health, safety, and welfare of all employees
- Organising staff training sessions and activities
- Monitoring staff performance and attendance
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures
- Ensuring candidates have the right to work at the organization
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions, or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Consult with executives on strategic planning, and link a company’s management with its employees.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY: LEGAL
- Advising the company on the management of legal risks associated with revenue-generating contracts, corporate services, governance, dispute management, and general advisory matters
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating documents
- Lead negotiations to protect business interests
- Developing and reviewing legal frameworks
- Acting as the team lead in assigned legal work, driving execution for approved action plans
- Collaborating externally with legal firms, and driving creative legal dispute management solutions
- Provide support for company secretarial functions including, preparing meeting agendas, attending and taking minutes of meetings, and following up to ensure the completion of meeting action points
OTHER ACTIVITIES ADMIN
- Coordinate/ handle and maintain cleaners and ensure they are available and carrying out their duties. Interface with the cleaning company on matters arising.
- Coordinate with security, and ensure the right staff is on duty and effectively carrying out their duties.
- Ensure the provision of work tools for new staff including laptops, Identity cards, and complimentary cards.
- Make travel arrangements for staff/partners.
- Coordinate work logistics between the various BD departments.
- Make requests and pursue the provision of office supplies.
- When required, raise bank instructions, and take them to the bank.
- Follow up with network providers.
- Provide support to all business units
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Law, and Business Administration.
- 5 years of proven experience.
- Oil and Gas experience is an advantage.