By Cameron Temple
Hours after Tyson Fury said he would allow more time for his fight with Anthony Joshua to get made, he has performed yet another U-turn.
Everything in the Fury vs Joshua negotiations seemed to be going swimmingly earlier this month, with both men agreeing terms and contracts being sent over.
Since then, however, it has descended into chaos as the contracts got held up with Joshua’s lawyers and Fury became impatient, calling off the fight after AJ missed his self-proclaimed deadline of Monday at 5pm.
As a replacement opponent, Fury named the 37-year-old former WBA ‘regular’ champion, Mahmoud Charr, which was not received well by boxing fans and pundits.
Fury’s promoter, Frank Warren, then managed to convince ‘The Gypsy King’ to give Joshua a little more time to finalise the deal and he agreed.
Taking to social media, Fury explained everything had been sorted in terms of date, venue and broadcasters and it was now just down to Joshua to sign the contract.
Fury finished his message by saying, “Get this contract signed today, you big p****. Let the British fans have what they want. There’s no more umming. You have to fight me, you cannot escape. The Fury is coming… b****!”
This came as extremely good news for everyone but Charr, who posted an Instagram story calling out Fury for going back on his word.
Hearn reveals potential next opponents for Whyte, including man who nearly beat Fury
Warren accuses Joshua’s camp of silence but Hearn insists Fury antics are the problem
Tyson Fury tells Anthony Joshua to sign contract for fight TODAY as he backtracks
Grudge rematch, ‘Big Bang’ showdown, the veteran… what next for AJ as Fury fight fails
Fury responds to Wilder comments about fourth fight after calling off Joshua clash
Bridges is maths teacher turned world champ boxer who wears lingerie to weigh-in
“Fury, you are the same s*** as Anthony Joshua,” Charr said.
“A man is a man, when you say Joshua is out he is out. You tell everyone you want to fight me, now you are like duck, take the fight.”
A matter of hours later, Fury changed his mind once again, saying he would in fact be fighting Charr and that Joshua was ‘ducking’ him.
“Manuel Charr,” Fury began. “So it seems now that AJ’s finally out, he’s ducked his way out, he’s a s***bag coward, and you’re the man who wants to fight, so I like that.
“I like the fact that you’re very vocal and that you’re calling for a fight like a real man should do.
“Any man who wants to fight another man should call him out as you’ve been doing to me, so I accept your challenge Manuel Charr, let’s get it on motherf*****.”
Fury then followed up with another Instagram story, suggesting that he might have two fights in one night on December 3.
“Just been doing a little bit of brainstorming,” Fury said. “December 3 is coming and Mahmoud Charr has agreed. Why don’t I fight two people in one night, Mahmoud Charr and somebody else.
“That would be pretty damn awesome. I’d probably be the first WBC heavyweight champion to have two fights in one night and that is a guaranteed fact, what do you think?”
Charr responded on his own Instagram story and he seemed pleased with the news, describing Fury as a “real man” and he said, “UK, make sure, the diamond boy is coming, King Charr!”
With that being said, Charr did not appreciate Fury saying he wanted to fight two guys in one night, as he replied, “Listen to me, you want to fight two guys in one night, my friend, I need from you five in one night.
“When I come I will make sure I put your long legs like a lumberjack and you go down on the floor.”