Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 400+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their …
Read more about this company
Head of Strategy and Planning, Uber Eats Sub-Saharan Africa
About the Role
The Sub Saharan Africa Uber Delivery business is hiring for one of our most critical roles! As a Head of Strategy and Planning, you will manage projects that go from building long-term plans for the business, driving the implementation of product/legal or policy changes and working with functions to improve performance.
We are looking for a Head of Strategy and Planning who will report directly report to the SSA General Manager to deliver strategic projects and help them manage their governance. Someone who can navigate a highly diverse set of stakeholders to drive action and results; someone with high business acumen that can understand complex problems fast, recommend a practical course of action and follow through. Someone who understands and speaks data, operations and strategy equally well!
What You’ll Do:
- Strategy: Work closely with the Ops leadership and Central S&P teams across EMEA to create a shared vision and strategic approach for the region and run strategic, consulting-like, projects e.g. a 3-year outlook;
- Planning: Build and maintain financial and headcount models, operational reporting, OKRs, projections, and key business metrics to inform leadership’s decision-making e.g. Annual Business Plan 2024;
- Program/Project Management: Be a resourceful, go-getting multitasker, supporting initiatives across the region by working with cross-functional stakeholders. S&P drives work on Africa expansion, consumer segmentation, EDS – mapping all restaurant partners Strategic work;
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data-driven decisions;
- Develop Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Product, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance, etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships.
What You’ll Need:
- At least 6 years experience in Tech, FMCG, investment banking, consulting, process optimization, business intelligence and/or strategy;
- A BA or MA degree in Economics, Business or STEM fields;
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with exposure to senior team members and cross-functional teams;
- Highly Analytical, proficient in Excel, SQL, Python
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well;
- Self-starter – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.