Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
- We are looking to hire a Head Finance who will manage the company’s financial accounting and reporting systems and overseeing the finances including working capital, investments and cash flow.
What do you need to be considered successful?
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of company financial strategy; monitor finance and performance across the company.
- Develop and maintain a system of appropriate financial policies, procedures and controls to ensure efficient financial management.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of financial resources within established policies of the company; see that appropriate and timely financial and management decisions are made always.
- Develop and promote a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the company.
- Establish and direct the implementation of adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
- Present periodic financial reports and updates on the performance of entities to the management and board.
- Develop the strategy and performance objectives for the finance function and provide strong and effective executive leadership to the finance team.
- Implement a sound accounting framework in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Put measures of controls in place to ensure that all financial transactions are accurately captured and reported; monitor and manage expenditure in-line with budget approvals.
- Oversee the management of treasury assets to achieve optimal sourcing, application and growth of funds.
- Build and manage relationships with relevant stakeholders including investors, business leaders, regulators, auditors, agencies etc, to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- Liaise with statutory auditors to discuss and resolve queries as they arise to ensure seamless audit exercise.
- Advise Executive Management on changes and implications in fiscal regulations and policies; government tariffs and legislations.
How important are you to the bottomline?
- This role is in the Finance Division and oversees the internal team and external partners. You will provide support and direction to team members and ensure efficient operations.
What do you need to have done In your career?
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related discipline from a reputable institution
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or ACCA) with 10 – 14 years’ relevant work experience
- Understanding of strategic financial management
- Excellent use of work tools including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A proven record of communicating complex financial issues and models in a clear-cut, concise manner to all relevant stakeholders
- Proven analytical and modeling skills, and must be both commercially astute and a confident communicator
- A good understanding and experience of the financial compliance issues in Nigeria
- Proven ability to review and challenge assumptions within detailed financial forecasts.
What do you stand to gain?
- Executive benefits, health cover, paid time off (vacation, parental leave, study leave), home service options and other benefits and perks.
- Competitive based on experience, includes guaranteed take home, performance bonus, stock options