A renowned company in the financial services industry specialized in the use of technology for revenue collection and management requires the service of the following personnel who must be highly skilled and experienced.
- The role of the Head of Solutions Delivery is to explore and understand internal and external customer needs, deliver the best solutions and implement them.
- The role provides teams with a clear direction when creating solutions.
- This role is technically proficient at designing and delivering technology-based solutions through standardized project delivery practices, and supplementing skills with external providers when approved.
- Ensures committed portfolio of projects are delivered within agreed constraints.
Ensures compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures during solution development.
- Managing Director/ Head,Technology
- Unit Head: Application Development
- Unit Head: Business Analysis
- Unit Head: Quality Assurance
- Management of designing, building and deployment of solutions including new application developments and major enhancements to existing applications and systems.
- Manage end-to-end the solution development lifecycle for new and existing services.
- Execute strong leadership and project management to ensure delivery of IT solutions to business customers are executed reliably and predictably.
- Collaborate with business customers and stakeholders to craft out project plan, resource allocation, delivery schedule, and post-delivery operational procedures.
- Nurture knowledge sharing and mentoring as project team collaborates and progresses through the project
- Contribute to project scoping, planning, and management while being an agile champion.
- Deliver committed portfolio of projects within agreed constraints.
- Responsible for implementing Goals/OKR’s for the business unit and providing guidance to help Agile teams achieve their respective Goals/OKRs.
- Ensuring that the solution delivery team maintain high level of competence and operational excellence.
- Contributing to negotiation of contracts, commercial delivery rates for new and existing customers
- Overseeing different stages of project execution by supervising staff while working in collaboration with the project managers and scrum masters.
- Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues and decisions for all solution delivery domains.
Key Performance Indicators
- Solutions delivery as per client and business needs
- Solutions delivery as per organisational standards i.e., policies, architectural standards, etc.
- Quality of business analysis
- Quality of solution design
- Cycle time
- Code stability
- Code simplicity
- Code churn
- Code Vulnerability – # of application security violations/incidents
- Timely release of products and product features
- 10 years of, high-quality Solution Development and Delivery experience.
- Experience with SDLC.
- Deep technical expertise in application development and a good understanding of underlying business processes and systems.
- High commitment to meet business needs as well as service and operational level requirements
- Excellent understanding of business and technology domains and how hey inter-relate.
- Experience of working with Small, Medium, and Large Corporate customers
- Experience of dynamically scaling technical teams as per business needs.
- Experience of process development ownership and enforcement is preferred.
- Understanding of ethical handling of Private Data and professional ethics as applied to software development.
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the GDPR and NDPR.
Good technical understanding and experience in:
- Cloud Concepts: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and related offerings from GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Development Concepts: Full-stack, UX and UI
- DevOps Concepts: CI/CD, IaaC, Code Repository, Quality Gates, Docker, Containers, Kubernetes, and related topics
- Data Centre Concepts: Networking, Security, Application High Availability.
- Virtualization, Recovery, Business Continuity Management
- DBMS’s as well as database design and management.
- Open source Concepts
- Minimum of a Master degree in IT, Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant and verifiable experience across software solution delivery functions.
- Miniumumof 8 years of managing software development projects using Agile methodology and frameworks
- Minimum of 7 years of team building , leadership and management experience
- Possession of any of the following certifications is desired:
- PMP, CBAP, CSQA and CSM
- Honesty and Integrity
- Confidentiality and Accountability
- Effective collaborator and team player