Head, Business Banking (Bank Head)- South South| South East at ACCION Microfinance Bank
- Provide required leadership and drive for the achievement of the Bank’s business and performance objectives across assigned regions, states and localities
- Develop and manage customer relationships with sustainable financial returns
- Drive and manage customer acquisition, retention and relationships in defined target areas
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
- Drive the achievement of the Bank performance objectives and goals, in specific regions, of being the market leader in provision of microfinance and related financial services at world class standards.
- Build and maintain a strong risk asset loan portfolio and balance sheet in line with the Bank objectives and assigned performance targets.
- Promote and engage in customer study and research to ensure that the needs of customers are understood and met through provision of innovative products and services.
- Manage and maintain existing customer relationships and develop of new customer relationships.
- Organize the assigned Region and provide leadership for maximum productivity.
- Drive branch expansion activities in line with the Bank’s strategic goals.
- Ensure all the branches under the region are viable and profitable.
- Work with HR to ensure adequate and optimal staff structure is maintained at all times
- Monitor the credit management risk system of the Region and ensure the PAR is within the defined regulatory threshold.
- Oversee implementation of commercial strategies/policies in assigned Region in line with the Bank’s overall sales goals and objectives.
- Formulate and discuss business banking strategies for required approvals and implementation.
- Monitor/review/analyze strategies to ensure compliance with management’s guidelines on global credit position vis-à-vis various market segments, raise issues and make appropriate recommendations to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Provide required support to other critical roles/ functions in the Bank particularly Credit Committees, Risk Management & Internal Control, Recovery, Internal Audit and HR.
- Promote corporate core values and commitment to the Bank goals and objectives.
- Implement and monitor commercial budget as prepared and agreed in line with business needs/goals/requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Commercial Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 12 years post qualification experience, 8 of which must have been spent in the financial services sector with minimum 3 years in a Management Position.
- Minimum education qualification of a BSc or HND in Social Sciences or related areas with numerate coursework
- Strong industry knowledge/good understanding of target markets.
- Experience/ familiarity with customers at the Bottom of the Pyramid.
- Strong people and project management skills; able to coach, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable presenting to executive teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the Banks’ products
- In-depth knowledge of customer service policies/ principles and corporate and retail banking
- Good relationship management, negotiation, business to business sales marketing and analytical/ problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the local and global financial markets.
- Good knowledge of product development
- Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards
Kindly send in your detailed CV to [email protected] or visit our website to apply accordingly with the required location as subject.