The Graphics Artist’s job may involve managing more than one design brief at a time and allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value of the job. work activities include:
meeting to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- interpreting the business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- estimating the time required to complete the work
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts;
- proofreading to produce accurate and high
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
Requirements & Skills
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- designing models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and the animation environment;
- developing the timing and pace of a character’s or object’s movements during the sequence of images and ensuring they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements;
- using technical software packages, such as Corel draw, Adobe Photoshop, etc
- building up accurate, detailed frame-by-frame visuals;
- working to production deadlines and meeting clients’ commercial requiremen
Minimum Qualification Requirements
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of The Dexterity Group and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in scaling a multi-site organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.