Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-119
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 5
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type; Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- This position interfaces with persons across the Mission (Embassy and Consulate), with other Agencies, (U.S. Agency for International Development; Center for Disease Control; National Institute for Health; Defense Attache Office; Office of Defense Cooperation; Department Of Defense-HIV; American International School; International Narcotics and Law Enforcement; American Employee Recreation Association; Office of Overseas Building Operations; Marine Security Guard and other government Temporary Duty staff), and with external contractors, to provide monthly motor pool source data for vehicle billings, fuel/diesel consumption.
- Updates and maintains multiple Fleet Management Information System (FMIS) vehicle software applications in DOS’s Integrated Logistical Management System (ILMS) software application.
- Processes timekeeping for the Motor Pool Supervisor and staff and performs various other clerical tasks.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Education Requirements: Two (2) years University studies is required.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience as an administrative assistant, clerk, or secretary, utilizing the Microsoft office suite at a reputable company or organization is required.
- Job Knowledge: Must have good knowledge of standard administrative procedures, including general knowledge of business correspondence, data storage, and proper filing and retrieval practices.
- Evaluations: This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Good working knowledge of speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use personal computer with the Microsoft suite of products with good typing ability.
- Must be able to use various office equipment, such as scanners, copiers, etc.
- Strong organizational sills and ability to multi-task.
- Needs to pay attention to details and catch errors while processing work.
- Must be able to analyze problems and data in reports and develop realistic solutions within the scope of duties.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
NGN 4,007,848 (USD 31,083) / Annum.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree with transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
Interested and qualified? Go to US Embassy on erajobs.state.gov to apply