Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Responsible for overseeing and directing accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset, and cost accounting. Prepares periodic reports, reviews and reconciles data, and participates in the development of specialized financial data. Oversees and prepares entries and adjustments to Company records, files, and statements. Review financial and variance analyses and assists with budget preparation. Provides managers with information necessary for decision-making. Directs, trains, supervises, and appraises accounting personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all accounting department functions.
- Ensures that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed.
- Prepares journal entries and balances work in more complicated accounting areas.
- Resolves complicated accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Assists with budget preparations and formulation of 1, 3 and 5 year projections and financial analyses.
- Undertakes quarterly and periodic reviews, assess and review forecast in accordance with financial results.
- Recalculate and review financial income, including management and admin fees on rental recoveries.
- Prepares regular reports and statements for management.
- Posts portfolio transactions to the appropriate general ledger account.
- Review and reconciles general ledger accounts as required.
- Completes required records and reports and maintains files.
- Ensures that accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations.
- Control of various financial functions including Balance Sheets, Creditors, and allocation of funds received ex debtors, check and authorize payments from accounts.
- Manage and control various bookkeeping duties and functions, including:
- Regular and timeous rent rolls and rental statements
- Disbursement statements/Landlord distributions
- Bank reconciliations
- Ensuring all invoices for the period have been authorised and captured in creditor module
- Creditors reconciliation’s
- Reconciling general ledger to debtors ledger, Balance sheet and income statement, loan balances, company accounts
- Preparing trial balances from source documents
- Preparing balance sheets and income statements
- Preparing notes to the reports and variance analysis
- Preparing monthly group consolidation
- Filing copies of final monthly reports
- Maintaining back ups of accounting data
- Participate in annual audit
- Ensure companies are registered
- Net income payments to owners / clients
- Adjustment accounts for properties purchased or sold
- Oversee payment of Company and property related accounts. Ensure recovery ex tenants as appropriate
- Produces various management reports, including:
- Detailed and summarised income statements
- Preparation of Board packs
- Monthly and Annual figures
- Ensure the production of monthly reports for clients/owners:-
- Monthly financial statements
Assumes responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Attends & participates in meetings as required
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of developments in the accounting field and of changing governmental and legal requirements.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that Accounting Department work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Assist in approval, appointments and management of payments to service companies and suppliers.
- Signing of cheques and EFT transfer.
- Management of Staff on leave, guidance, mentorship and advice Accountants
- Accounting documents, financial reports, tax documents, and related reports are accurately and timely completed and/or filed.
- Reports are completed accurately and timely according to schedules.
- Accounting errors are promptly detected and resolved.
- Accounting functions are conducted in accordance with established policies and related legal requirements.
- Accounting personnel are efficient, effective, and appropriately directed. Accounting operations are properly coordinated.
- business relations exist with the client.
- Good communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management. Assistance is provided as needed. Management is provided with useful, specialized reports as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities
- Accounting functions are completed in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
- Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- 5 years of Property accounting experience as well as JV accounting experience and it must have been in a listed fund environment.
- Ability to assist and supervise others.
- Well-organised and attentive to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Proficient in computer operations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good excel Skills/Pivot
- Emotional Intelligence