- Management and coordination of the finance officers. Ensuring the overall coordination, leading and supervision of all functions in the finance management and procedures, financial reporting, financial grant management and compliance, communication, capacity building of finance department, and strengthening of sub-recipients in the area of financial management.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensuring invoices are prepared and submitted to customers on a timely basis
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiating interest rates on time deposits, APGs and bonds for various projects within business units.
- Ensuring the Integrity and Accuracy of the financial records and accounting system of the Company.
- eNSURE the TBMs, Analytics, Recoveries, ICS, quarterly consolidation etc.
- Ensuring minimum receivable days on customer invoices
- Managing Cash balances and ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business unit to operate effectively
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Cost controlling; ensuring costs are posted to the right Projects, ledgers and Job codes in accordance with budget.
- Assist with project budget creation, update, EVs, and closing activities.
- Working with project Managers to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit and on consolidated basis.
- Liaising with other departments and unit heads on a range of issues
- Managing the Annual statutory audits of the Company
- Arranging financial audits and ancillary reviews as required
- Ensuring Compliance with regards to legal and fiscal requirements, including tax returns and other statutory obligations.
- Liaising with Legal and tax consultants on all tax matters and audit related issues
- Complete tax filings and dealing with matters relating to the FIRS and IRS of various states
- Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the business unit
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge
- Supervising the work of other team members
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment through safety leadership
- Apply and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- The employee is responsible for both their own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of others affected by their acts or omissions.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited university with a minimum of second-class upper division
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Professional Qualification: ICAN/ ACCA certification.
- Minimum of 6 years of Accounting / Finance experience managing the Financial accounts of a company
Key Competency Requirements:
Functional / Technical:
- Proactive and dogged
- Strong multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Team player that goes beyond job requirement in solving problems and challenges
- Ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines
- Able to work to tight deadlines. Keep strict deadlines (no postponing)
- Able to prioritize duties and work under pressure
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong planning and prioritization abilities Behavioural:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Punctual and reliable. Punctuality of 99% (verify before supply)
- Flexible attitude and go the extra mile (Evening/Weekend if needed)
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
SG Holdings Limited does not and will not ask for any kind of payment from applicants for jobs before, during and after the selection process.