Our Client is an international, fast growing Fintech company across Africa and Europe with the vision of making mobile health insurance accessible to everyone, leveraging the mobile technology revolution to transform the health insurance sector. Due to expansion they are currently in need of a FINANCE EXECUTIVE.MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:The main purpose of this position is to provide Finance and Administration support to the team. Working closely with the Finance and Administration Manager, the holder of the position will ensure that basic finance tasks such as transaction processing and postings are carried out in a timely manner. The Finance Executive will also support general administration tasks required to ensure the orderly and efficient running of the company’s offices in Lagos and Kwara.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing invoices received from vendors and suppliers for payment by preparing payment vouchers, obtaining required approvals and other supporting documentation.
- Managing petty cash float. This includes ensuring that petty cash payments are properly authorized, within approval limits, and that spending is necessary for the business. Requesting for additional petty cash float on a timely basis to ensure adequate cash for payments keeping in mind the processing time.
- Responsible for end of month closure processing including posting of all transactions in the Sage 300 accounting system, posting accrual journals and ensuring that all reconciliations and accounts analysis are carried out before the financial statements are generated.
- Responsible for carrying out monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and resolving any reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Managing the receivables and payables ledger by ensuring that both accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and any reconciling items resolved.
- Raising invoices to customers and following up overdue amounts
- Being the first reviewer of staff reimbursement claims checking for reasonableness and completeness of reimbursement documentation.
- Track staff advances and ensure timely retirement of amounts advanced to staff supported by appropriate documentation.
- Maintain the assets register and ensure that newly purchased assets are included in the register, depreciated at appropriate rates and tracked to staff responsible for the assets.
- With the support of the Finance and Administration Manager, process tax payments and tax returns as per statutory deadlines.
- Support the annual audit process
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Ensure that the office has adequate office supplies including stationery, refreshments and other services required for the normal functioning of the office.
- Maintain the schedule of insurances for the Nigeria office and track renewals, additions, and removals of assets from the insurance lists.
- Support booking of flights and accommodation requests for the team.
- Manage the online taxi account with Bolt and review all taxi requests for reasonableness.
- Support procurement including sourcing for quotations required as per the procurement policies.
- Support some HR functions such as induction process for new staff
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Finance and Administration Manager
- A minimum University degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Finance and accounting.
- Experience in the Sage accounting system will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including (Excel)
- Demonstrated team working skills