Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Responsible for planning, organising, and directing various Facilities Management activities. Ensures the effective management and integration of multi – disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of the output in relation to the client and the designated workplace. Implements policies and procedures and ensures that all Facilities are in accordance with established health and safety regulations. Ensures that services provided are of acceptable quality at optimal cost. Keeps Senior Management and clients well informed of area activities and significant problems. Trains, directs, and appraises assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the planning, adaption, and implementation of effective Facilities management policies, procedures, and planning for the Broll Group.
- Assists Senior Management in developing short and long term goals and plans. Assists with client budget projections.
- Executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate wide plans are complemented and supported.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for Facilities Management Facilities. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective management of the facilities.
- Procures and manages contractors in accordance with company policies
- Assists with the drafting of service contracts and agreements.
- Adapts and implements Service Level Agreements.
- Implementing reliability centered maintenance regimes.
- Management of operational hard and soft services.
- Management of staff and HR related activities.
- Advises on FM activities to senior Management and client
- Providing and sharing expertise required by other divisions within Broll.
- Report on weekly activities.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensures client relationship management.
- Develops processes for effective site management.
- Ensures that the Facilities comply with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes with the parameters of acceptable Facilities Management practice
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Acts as a liaison between the Company and all stake holders.
- Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
- Effectively supervises Facilities Management personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvement.
- Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate.
- Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed in line with company policy.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary and in accordance with company process and client requirements.
- Client Services
- Over and above the responsibilities related provision of Facilities Management services there is a management function of logistical support to events such as but not limited to:
- Event cleaning
- Event security
- Health & Safety
- Police services
- Good communication and coordination exists with departments. Assistance is provided as needed.
- Senior Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Facilities personnel are well trained, effective, and efficient. Appropriate supervision and assistance are provided.
- Company facilities are well maintained and secure and meet the needs of the Company.
- Facilities Management are efficiently and cost effectively administered.
- Current and future Facilities Management needs are well planned and budgets are established and maintained.
- Effective business relations exist with vendors, contractors, and trade professionals.
- Education/Certification: Relevant post matric qualifications.
- Additional Facilities Management qualification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of both Mechanical and Electrical.
- Thorough understanding of Facilities Management.
- A good knowledge of budgeting, supplier management, management processes; space planning; planned maintenance; staff management.
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organise, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and network applications.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.