Job Requisition ID: REQ277821
- The Facilities Administrator must be a team player and work with other members of the team to meet all key performance indicators as set out in the management contract.
Procurement and Vendor Management:
- Manage the vendor procurement and management practices of the various sites and ensure renegotiation and tendering, including tender documentation; evaluation of tenders and preparation of contracts is in accordance with agreed client procurement guidelines.
- Benchmark services across properties within the country as well as across the region.
- Administer the virtual approval process for contract execution
- Co-ordinate and monitor the contractor management program
- Implement a comprehensive energy management program
- Implement building procedures and performance measures to ensure simplification and accuracy of work methods and reliability of systems. Regional consistency will be of importance.
- Manage the Preventive and Planned Maintenance programme to minimise maintenance, repair and replacement costs together with minimising the risk of plant failure.
- Ensure that the team liaises closely with the Regional Operations procedures to ensure service standards are maintained
- Recommend continuous quality improvement practices across the region, ensuring initiatives in one country are followed up in the other parts of the region to maximize the benefits to Merck
- Ensure consistency of regional policies & procedures with constant updating of OneView and that all staff have adequate familiarity with the systems as well as the policies
- Implement, comply with and audit all internal management systems, for quality assurance
- Assist with the coordination of relocations activities
- Ensure all Critical Environment (CEM) requirements are met.
- Ensure all Reactive Maintenance is completed as per the agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all Financial Management requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Manage all health and safety workplace issues and actively participate in health and safety reviews.
- Coordinate a property risk management program which identifies major property risks including occupational health and safety, fire safety and essential services and environmental.
- Ensure data integrity of all information loaded into systems and comply with the audit process from time to time
- Assist in the development of guidelines and strategies to protect health and safety of staff and others, protect Merck and Jones Lang LaSalle reputations.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity planning is implemented and maintained.
- Ensure escalation procedures are in place and observed for incident and problem reporting including advice to Merck Regional Managers and insurance company.
Profitability/ Savings Initiatives:
- Develop initiatives and strategies that lead to cost savings and service improvement
Customer Service / Client Relationships:
- Evaluate service response time and analyze occupants’ service request trends and suggestions
- Ensure feedback from client sessions is recorded and responded to the satisfaction of the end user.
- Pro-actively develop and manage client / business unit relationships ensuring that the expected service levels are achieved across the region.
- Lead by example and groom the team in achieving maximum client satisfaction level
- Ensure that the team delivers meaningful inputs across the region in the development of monthly management reports.
- Review monthly financial reports including the preparation of accruals and variance analysis with JLL and Merck Regional Managers (as required).
- Assist in the budgeting and Recommit process including reviews with Merck Regional Managers as required.
- Ensure the team is well trained on all facilities policies, procedures and systems. Work closely with the Jones Lang LaSalle senior Account team to devise new and innovative methods of learning built around skill development, leadership and succession planning
- Assign buddies for new team members to ensure team work, consistency & rationalization of the team
Leadership / Staff Management:
- Actively encourage an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation & performance excellence
- Act as supervisor and a coach for the team ensuring high staff morale, trust and work ethics.