Eric Trump says security video of FBI raid will be released

Eric Trump says security video of FBI raid will be released

By Liz George

Eric Trump, son of former President Donald Trump, said that his family plans to release security footage of the FBI raid on his father’s Mar-a-Lago resort home. 

During an appearance on Fox News on Monday night, host Sean Hannity asked Eric Trump about surveillance tapes of the raid. 

ALERT: US gave China world-changing technology funded by US taxpayers

“Will you — you still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Will you — are you allowed to share that with the country?” Hannity said. 

“Absolutely, Sean. At the right time,” Trump said, adding, “That’s why cops wear body cams. They don’t tell you to turn off cameras. They want transparency and that’s not what happened here.” 

Trump said the raid has “caused the greatest fundraising” and sent his father’s poll numbers “through the roof.”

“They’re not even talking about any other Republican candidate because they’ve all kind of disappeared. They’re not even in the equation,” he said. 

“Last night, I had an argument between two people at a restaurant who were trying to buy Laura and I dinner to apologize for what the United States government has done to our family, Sean. I mean, you wouldn’t believe the energy out there,” Trump added. “I’ve been through all of these firestorms over the years. I’ve never seen America more mad than it is right now. There’s only so many times you can cry wolf.”

Trump said the American people are witnessing the “weaponization of the FBI” and are calling it a “police state.”

“People get this for what it is, Sean. They’ve removed the wool from people’s eyes. People know exactly what’s going on. They’re targeting Donald Trump. They’re targeting his family. They’re targeting everybody around him. They’re targeting his lawyers. Anybody that is close to Donald Trump,” he continued. “Anybody who’s effective, they’re targeting right now, and people understand this for exactly what it’s worth.”

The U.S. Department of Justice revealed in court filings on Monday that it opposes unsealing the affidavit that led to the search warrant approving the raid on Donald Trump’s residence. Multiple news media organizations have requested the affidavit be unsealed.

The department claimed that unsealing the affidavit would compromise the investigation because it would provide a “roadmap to the government’s ongoing investigation” and expose “specific details about its direction and likely course.”

The search warrant to raid Trump’s home unsealed on Friday revealed that the FBI is investigating Trump for a potential violation of the Espionage Act, as well as the removal or destruction of records and obstruction of an investigation. Conviction of such crimes can result in fines or imprisonment. President Joe Biden’s Attorney General Merrick Garland admitted last week that he personally approved the search warrant. 

Source: American Military News

Latest News