…Out of the 20, six are from Cross River State.
Another set of 20 Internet Fraudsters aka Yahoo Boys have been busted and arrested in Calabar, Cross River State capital.
THE PARADISE gathered that the 20 suspected Yahoo Boys were arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in a sting operation on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, at different locations in the Calabar metropolis.
The 20 suspected Internet Fraudsters were arrested at Parliamentary Extension, Ikot Ene-Obong at 8 Miles and Ekorinim Housing Extension all in Calabar Municipal Local Government Area of the State by the Uyo Zonal Command of the EFCC.
The suspects are:
1. Sylvester Lucky, a 30-year-old car dealer from Yala LGA of Cross River State;
2. Samuel Uwanikone, 20, from Sapele in Delta State;
3. Samuel Olofu, 21, from Benue State;
4. Christopher Apuya, 20, from Obudu LGA of Cross River State;
5. Esiso Mathew, 22, from Sapele in Delta State;
6. Eyare Ernest, 20, from Boki LGA of Cross River State;
7. Pedro Nsokedinam, 25, from Ukanafun LGA of Akwa Ibom State;
8. Chimemma Mathew, 21, a fashion designer from Awka in Anambra State;
9. Chukwudubem Chukwunewubze, 21, from Nnewi LGA of Anambra State;
10 Chima Okeukwu, 20, from Orlu West LGA in Imo State.
11. Jisu Ojocule, 20, from Ibaji in Kogi State;
12. Michael Jonah, 25, from Uyo LGA of Akwa Ibom State;
13. Daniel Lukpata, 25, from Yala LGA of Cross River State;
14. Dickson Elvis, 24, from Oghara in Delta State;
15. Valentine Eshuru, 24, from Ogoja LGA of Cross River State;
16. Sunday Henry, 23, from Akwa Ibom State;
17. Kanu Obinna, 32, from Arondizuogu in Imo State;
18. Agbedia Blessing, 23, from Delta State;
19. Edet Obase, 25, from Yakurr LGA of Cross River State;
20. Emenonye Kelechi, 36 years old car dealer and indigene of Bende in Abia State.
THE PARADISE further gathered that two Mercedes Benz C300, a Lexus 300 Saloon car, a Toyota Corolla Car and Two Toyota Camry cars (Spider). Over ten Laptops, several mobile phones and wristwatches were also recovered from them at the time of their arrest.
“The suspects will be charged to court as soon as the investigation is completed”, a statement from the EFCC said.