Dear Madam, dear Sir,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 576th Plenary Session of the European Economic and Social Committee.
On Wednesday 22 February 2023 at 3 p.m. we will discuss The European Neighbourhood Policy – the Belarusian way, with Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, Leader of the Belarusian democratic movement.
Afterwards, at 5 p.m. our members will debate on Supporting labour market developments: how to maintain employability, boost productivity and develop skills, especially in SMEs, in the context of the European Year of Skills 2023, with Stefano Scarpetta, Director for Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Marianna Panebarco, Vice-president of CNA Nazionale, Italy and Juan Antonio Pedreño, President of Social Economy Europe.
On Thursday 23 February 2023 at 11 a.m., Oleksandra Matviichuk, Head of the Centre for Civic Liberties and Lora Pappa, Founder and President of the Greek NGO METAdrasi – Action for Migration Development, will give their opinions on One year from the start of the war in Ukraine – Impact of the war on people in Ukraine and in the EU.
I will be glad to welcome you at our plenary session. To that end, I invite you to use webstreaming, which will allow you to follow all the votes and discussions remotely.
The EESC plenary session on social media: to take part in the online discussions, follow @EU_EESC or the hashtag #EESCplenary. You can also post on our Facebook page via https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanEconomicAndSocialCommittee/ where the plenary session is announced. Don’t forget that the plenary session is also streamed. Are your networks and organisations interested in our discussions? Let them know!
News from the ESCs/EESC
Man opinions to be discussed during the upcoming session (22-23 February 2023)
- Instant payments regulation (INT/1005), Mr Lefèvre (FR-II)
- Short-term rental initiative (INT/1009), Mr Muresan (RO-I)
- Communication on orientations for a reform of the EU economic governance framework (ECO/597), Mr Andersson (SE-I) & Ms Biegon (DE-II)
- Annual Sustainable Growth Survey 2023 (ECO/599), Mr Lobo Xavier (PT-I)
- Energy Policy and the labour market (own-initiative opinion) (SOC/718), Ms Barrera Chamorro (ES-II)
- Supporting labour market developments (own-initiative opinion) (SOC/722), Ms Mincheva (BG-I)
- Review of the Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive (NAT/877), Mr Tchoukanov (BG-III)
- Integrated water management – revised lists of surface and groundwater pollutants (NAT/878), Mr Schwartz (FR-III)
- Revision of EU ambient air quality legislation (NAT/879), Mr Kupšys (LT-III)
Main opinions adopted during the previous session (24-25 January 2023)
- Summary of adopted opinions
- Euro area economic policy 2023 (ECO/598), Mr Dandea (RO-II)
- European care strategy (SOC/741), Mr Holst (DK-III) & Ms Merlo (IT-II)
- Setting the course for a sustainable blue planet, an update of the international ocean governance agenda (REX/558), Mr Palmieri (IT-II)
- The power of trade partnerships: together for green and just economic growth (REX/561), Ms Buzek (DE-II)
- The EU Strategic Compass (own-initiative opinion) (REX/562), Mr Moos (DE-III) & Mr Clever (DE-I)
- Prohibition of products made through forced labour (REX/565), Mr Wagnsonner (AT-II)
- Competence and skills development in the green and digital transition, 17 February 2023
- Revision of the anti-trafficking directive – viewpoint of EU policy makers and civil society, 16 February 2023
- Ecological overshoot – How the EU can push back against resource depletion, 16 February 2023
- 8th meeting of the EU DAG under the EU-Japan EPA, 15 February 2023
- Precarious work and mental health, 14 February 2023
- Wooden construction for CO2 reduction in building sector, 13 February 2023
- The right to a healthy environment in the EU, especially in the context of the war in Ukraine, 9 February 2023
- YAP to youth worldwide: Next step – implementation!, 8 February 2023
- Democracy at work, 3 February 2023
- Towards a European Social Union: the ‘Social Imbalances Procedure’, 3 February 2023
- The EU transport policy: solidarity, interoperability and sustainability, 2 February 2023
- Croatia, welcome to the euro area! – Introducing the common currency in turbulent times, 1 February 2023