Location: Jere and MMC LGAs of Borno State
The purpose of this role is to coordinate and lead community engagement and mobilization activities for the response programmes in line with International minimum standards in Northeast Borno states.
The post holder will be supervised technically by the Education Assistant and expected to work very closely with other members of the programmes team.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Field Team and Education Project officer, the Community Volunteer will be:
- Strengthened community awareness on girl-child education across the project location
- Ensure that the core values of PSEA/GBV, its fundamentals, protocols and processes are well enshrined in the project implementation.
- Support the setting up of reporting channel and support for the girls in the school
- Support the training of School based management committees, Head Teachers and PTA’s.
- Support Inter School Study tour for Advocacy and life skills for Girls (G4G)
- Support Interactive sessions with Selected G4G facilitators and teachers at School Level
- Support community advocates to develop participatory media and other IEC materials to use in the community to raise awareness;
- Facilitate community mobilization/sensitization campaigns
- Engage in school visits and supervision.
- Perform any other project-related duties as specified by the Education Assistant
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BSc/HND/OND/SSCE in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or related fields
- Minimum of 1 years relevant working experience in community engagement
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working with IDPs and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Experience in Community-Based programming
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence and developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems.
Please note that the hiring manager will contact only qualified applicants
Note Applicant must be from Community around the schools mentioned below.
JERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITY
JERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL
NAME OF SCHOOL
- ABBAGANA TERAB 505 HOUSING ESTATE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH.
- CHAD BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- DALA I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- DALORI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- FARIYA JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- FOGOLI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GALTIMARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GOMARI II JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GONI KACHALLARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MAFONI GALTIMARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MAIMUSARI II JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MOLAI KANURIBE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- OLD MAIDUGURI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- SHEHU SANDA KYARIMI I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- BULABULIN BOLIBE PRIMARY SCHOOL
- BULAMA MODURI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- CHAD BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY P/S
- DALA II PRIMARY SCHOOL
- DUSUMAN PRIMARY SCHOOL
- GOMARI I PRIMARY SCHOOL
- GONGULONG LAWANTI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- MAIMUSARI I PRIMARY SCHOOL
- MOLAI SHUWARI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- MUNA KORERI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- SHUWARI PRIMARY SCHOOL
MAIDUGURI METROPOLITAN COUNCIL
LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY
LIST OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN MMC
NAME OF SCHOOLS
- MODUGANARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- ZAJIRI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- MAFONI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GONI DAMGARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- BULUMKUTTU JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- UMARARI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- ALIYASKIRI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- BUDUM JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GAMBORU I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- GWANGE I JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- STATE LOW COST JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH.
- ABBAGANARAM JUIOR SECONDARY SCH.
- MAFONI LIBERTY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH
- FEDERAL LOW COST JUNIOR SECONDARY SCH
- MAFONI JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
- YERWA CENTRAL PRIMARY SCHOOL
- MALA KACHALLA MODEL PRIMARY SCHOOL
- KAMSULUM PRIMARY SCHOOL
- BUDUM PRIMARY SCHOOL
- GWANGE I PRIMARY SCHOOL
- GWANGE IV PRIMARY SCHOOL
- UMARARI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- YERWA PRACTING PRIMARY SCHOOL
- BOLORI PRIMARY SCHOOL
- ABBAGANARAM PRIMARY SCHOOL
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single Document to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using this format “Application for Community Volunteer Jere or Community Volunteer MMC” (specifying the LGA you are applying for) or Submit Hard Copy to Head Office No. 2 Behind CAC, Jalingo Street Damboa Road Maiduguri Borno State
- Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Eligibility: The position is open to local Borno State residents only.