Skip to content

COAS Faruk Yahaya assures wounded troops of support

The Chief of Army Staff, Faruk Yahaya, has reiterated the army’s commitment to adequate attention to the medical needs of wounded troops fighting insurgency in the North-East.

He said this Saturday at the 2022 combined Eid-el-Kabir Luncheon organised for wounded troops receiving treatment in a medical facility at the Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri.

Mr Yahaya who was represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans, Andrew Omozoje, said he remained passionate towards the provision of medical care to wounded soldiers in the frontline and all Nigerian Army personnel and their families both locally and abroad.

He expressed gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for his support to the army and urged the officers and soldiers to remain committed to preserving Nigeria’s democracy.

He said that the army would continue to provide support to those wounded in action by providing wheelchairs, prosthetics and special vocational training to hasten their recovery.

“It is therefore a great pleasure to felicitate with all officers, soldiers as well as civilian staff of the Nigerian Army and their families on the occasion of this year’s Eid-el-Kabir Celebration,” he said.

The COAS lamented that the nation had been faced with myriads of security challenges which had distorted the livelihood of all citizens but noted that the army would continue to employ effective means to tackle the challenges through professionalism.

He said that the Eid-el-Kabir festival was a special occasion that provided a unique opportunity to pray and defeat all detractors and bring lasting peace to the country.

“It further affords us the opportunity to pray for the victory of all our troops participating in Operations HADIN KAI, HADARIN DAJI, SAHEL SANITY, WHIRL STROKE and other internal security operations across the country,” he said.

The COAS also paid a special tribute to troops who paid the supreme price in defence of the nation, noting that the army remained committed to the welfare of their families.

Earlier, Christopher Musa, Theatre Commander, Operation Hadin Kai, North East Joint Task Force, said no fewer than 61,929 Boko Haram combatants, non-combatants and their families had so far surrendered to the Nigerian army in the North-East.

Mr Musa said that they were currently in the custody undergoing deradicalisation before their reintegration into the society.

Also, the Chief of Air Staff, Isiaka Amao, represented by Chief of Policy and Plans, Charles Owoh, said the Airforce remained committed to providing the Air Component with necessary equipment and platforms in support of joint operations to ensure peace in the region.

He thanked President Buhari for providing the forces with air platforms such as A-29 Super Tucano, helicopters and UAVs that contributed to the achievements recorded so far.

(NAN)

Source: Peoples Gazette.

Tags: