By Efe Udin
Often, technology makes life easier and more efficient. However, we must acknowledge the potential dangers that come with some technologies. Charging smartphones in a car is a regular activity for many car users all over the world. While this ensures that our smartphones never run out of power, under certain conditions, it could be dangerous. The past few days in China have been very hot and muggy. In this weather, people really need to pay attention to all equipment that requires charging, especially ultra-fast charging.
According to CCTV news reports, a recent car fire accident caused by the spontaneous combustion of a mobile phone occurred in Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province. This accident causes at least two vehicles to be burned severely. A follow-up on-site investigation reveals that charging smartphones in a car is responsible for the incident. According to the fire department, the spontaneous combustion of the cars has links to the charging smartphones.
Cars interiors can get really hot in hot environments
The owner of one of the cars claims that his smartphone has been charging in the car for more than 10 minutes. He claims that he was on a highway and was driving fast before coming to a halt. However, the root cause of the accident is not actually the quality of the mobile phone. The root cause is the weather and the carelessness of the car owner. According to fire department personnel, affected by direct sunlight, the temperature inside the car is basically around 60°C, and the highest can even rise to 80°C.
In this sort of sultry environment, smartphone batteries are susceptible to spontaneous combustion and explosion. In addition, lighters, canned sprays, perfumes, mobile power supplies, etc. are prone to explosion when heated. Furthermore, reading glasses, plastic bottles, etc. also have a concentrating effect. These items are not recommended to be placed in the car to prevent accidents.