According to the Chinese State Intellectual Property Office, the “pressure detection” patent applied by Apple was announced today. The patent’s “Background Art” description states that a “user’s stress level may have a huge impact on the user’s experience when viewing content on an electronic device. For example, stress awareness can help facilitate more meaningful experiences, such as watching educational or entertainment content, learning new skills, reading documents, playing video games, or social interactions. Improved techniques for evaluating the stress levels of users viewing and interacting with content may enhance users’ enjoyment, understanding, and learning of the content.”
Also, this system will ensure that contents are not presented in a manner that will increase stress for users. Content creators and systems can use stress level data to provide a more targeted user experience that users are more likely to enjoy, understand, and learn from.
Gizchina News of the week
Excerpts from the abstract of the new Apple patent
- Specific implementations include devices, systems, and methods for determining a user’s stress level during the content presentation.
- Exemplary processes may include: obtaining physiological data associated with the user during an experience in the environment;
- Determine the context of the experience based on environmental sensor data;
- Determine the user’s stress level during a portion of the experience based on the physiological data obtained, the context of the experience;
- Provide feedback mechanisms during the experience based on stress levels.
The patent, which covers a force sensor system, is designed to deliver advanced health and biometric features for users. This innovative technology has the potential to accurately predict stress levels and provide users with early warnings, ultimately contributing to improved mental well-being. The force sensor system described in the patent encompasses an interface pressure sensor system. This system defines a sensing surface configured to receive a normal force.
This patent is a new technology that will be useful to many users. However, it is important to note that this is only a patent. Like all other patents, this patent may never see the light of day. There is no guarantee that we will see this patent in any device soon.