MEETING OF THE STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL OF AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT HELD ON FRIDAY, JULY 23, 2021 AT THE EXCO CHAMBER OF THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE, UYO.
The meeting which was presided over by His Excellency the Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, had in attendance, HE the Deputy Governor, Secretary to the State Government, Chief of Staff, Head of the Civil Service, Honourable Commissioners and Special Adviser. It commenced at 10:00AM with the rendition of the National and State Anthems; the opening prayer was worded by Sir Monday Ebong Uko (HC-Youths and Sports).
RECEIPT OF REPORT OF ENDSARS PANEL
The meeting commenced as an enlarged Exco meeting with Chairmen of Boards and Commissions, Permanent Secretaries and heads of Extra-ministerial Agencies in Attendance.
The summary of the report was presented by the panel chairman, Justice Ifiok Ukana (rtd), accompanied by other members of the Panel. He the Governor sitting as Chairman-in-Council, received the report and appreciated the committee for a detailed work, promising to transmit same to the National Economic Council.
The meeting resumed as EXCO proper after the receipt of the report and exit of other officials.the meeting deliberated several issues and resolved as follows:
1. Stimulation of the economy with the injection of sufficient funds to complete critical projects in line with the Completion Agenda.
2. The COVID-19 status of the state was reviewed and EXCO directed the COVID-19 management team to swing back into full action to curb the resurgence of the virus. Increased free testing at the two state owned PCR laboratories was directed.
3. Progress report on Dakkada Luxury Estate was presented by HC-Lands and Water Resources and EXCO reviewed the progress made and asked for intensified publicity and marketing.
4. The progress report on the 3,000 youths training programme was presented by HC-Trade and Investment and reviewed by EXCO.
5. An update on the power for all scheme presented by HC-Power and Petroleum development was reviewed by EXCO.
6. EXCO directed that the next phase of Interministerial projects be commenced immediately and all should be allocated to the education sub-sector.
Motion for adjournment was moved by HC-Power and Petroleum Development and seconded by HC-Rural Development and Cooperatives, bringing the meeting to a close at 3:58 PM. The closing prayer was offered by HC-Education.