Administration & Procurement Officer – Regional Office at Heifer International
- Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- The successful candidate will be a highly organized Administrative Officer responsible for ensuring that the office administrative support services are efficiently run and will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
- Main duties include managing office stock, preparing regular reports (e.g., expenses and office budgets) and organizing company records.
- Our ideal candidate also has working knowledge of office equipment and office management tools. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
- To be successful as an Administrative Officer, candidate should display good communication etiquette and a thorough understanding of office management procedures.
- This position is responsible for providing support for of all operational and administrative activities of the office, including travels, events, procurement, insurance, logistics, facility management and fleet management.
- This position will be both external and internal facing, thus excellent customer service is essential to success.
- This position requires a high degree of attention to details, discernment for complex decision making, to ensure both compliance and operational efficiency.
- A top-performing administrative officer should be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to complete all duties in a timely manner.
Essential Character Traits
- Customer focus, ability to analyze and assess, ability to solve problems and make good decisions, planning and organizing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
Office Administration and Operations (60%)
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office and follow developed policies, procedures, and systems to ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Handle employee travel itinerary including engaging with approved vendors to provide flight tickets, hotel accommodation, vendor relationships, contract administration.
- Responsible for overseeing the cleaning services within the office (hygiene and cleanliness within the offices) ensuring conformance to SOP’s and performance of all service level agreements (SLA).
- Fleet management – Ensuring availability of internal pool car driven by a professional driver, scheduled vehicle maintenance, motor vehicle insurance, and outsourcing of car rental services to a rental company when necessary.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Manage important and confidential company documents.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to process and distribute work tools to employees promptly.
- Ensure adequate and updated documentation of all processes and transactions with vendors.
- Directly handle the planning, coordinating and direction of administrative activities such as janitorial services, mail management, record keeping and furniture allocation.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate. Responsible for logistics arrangements for all events and meetings (providing refreshments for all events and meetings).
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets for administrative supplies and equipment.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Maintain and update applicable company databases.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents.
- Update office policies pertaining to administration as may be required.
- Meeting and call rooms scheduling and management.
- Asset purchase plan, tagging and registration, verification and maintenance and asset disposal.
- Prepare and plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies.
- Review, compare, analyze products and services to be purchased.
- Follow through with the purchasing of office supplies and ensure that all procured items are of high quality and fit for purpose.
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications and product ranges.
- Maintain good supplier relations and assist with contracting.
- Research and evaluate prospective suppliers.
- Process payment (invoices) for all procured items.
- Monitor and record all expenses, as appropriate.
- Prepare expense reports as required.
- Manage office petty cash (if any).
Any Other Assigned Function (5%)
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent in Social Sciences or Business Administration, plus 2 – 4 years’ experience managing office/administrative operations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Nigeria Institute of management (NIM) or any other Admin. related certification.
- Most Critical Proficiencies
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven office management and administrative experience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Experienced in inventory control and management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and driven.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Result oriented.
- Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and tactfully with a diverse group of people.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time, as well as occasional bending and lifting.
- Outstanding English writing skills and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.