Accounts Payable Officer at KingMakers
The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for processing Vendor and Petty Cash Payments, ensuring they are properly recorded in the books of account.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the processing and posting of 3rd Party Vendor Payments
- Responsible for the processing of all Petty Cash Claims and Refunds
- Responsible for the reconciliation and processing of transactions
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy as well as confirmation of balances with internal and other related parties, where applicable
- Preparation of Audit schedules where necessary
- Reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciliation of Vendor Statements before payments are made to avoid double payments.
- Ensure adequate filing of support documents and records.
- Ensure queries and escalations/fall outs from accounts are corrected timely.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the GL Accountant or other Senior official.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage.
- At least 1-year cognate experience or no experience at all provided candidate has a Finance or Accounting Background
- Able to communicate in person and in writing with C-Level individuals
- Excellent time and priority management Skills
- Knowledge of book-keeping and Accounting is a Must.
- Able to work with an ERP is an added advantage
How you do it – Expectations for fulfilling your role:
As a general rule at KingMakers we want people to be:
- Customer Focus: We keep the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Passion & Dedication: We are passionate about what we do, employing only smart, honest, dedicated, and results oriented team players.
- Openness, Honesty & Directness: We embrace a culture of candor and work together towards the right solution whilst being open, honest, and willing to give and receive feedback, judgment-free. We play the ball, not the person.
- Innovation & Big Thinking: We think like owners. If we see a problem, we find a solution. We are pragmatic and always strive to do more with less.
- Speed & Focus: We plan, we strategize, but mostly, we DO. Without doing there is no progress, we can always change direction but only if we start moving. Fast beats slow.
- Low Ego: The best solutions are achieved when we leave our egos at the door. We always seek opportunities to learn in every situation. No job too small.
- Fun: On balance, we believe in having fun whilst working. We maintain perspective as best as we can, and together, we celebrate our successes.