This position will support the Accountant to carryout prompt recording, analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial transactions for decision making and in compliance with relevant Legislation. This role is responsible for vouching of all transactions, bank reconciliation and petty cash management
- Accounts Maintenance and Vouching
- Raise vouchers for transactions and posts financial data to the appropriate accounts in the automated accounting system not later than 24hours.
- Ensure that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
Bank Reconciliation and Statement Audit
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts not later than 7th monthly.
- Audit bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
- Report all noted inconsistencies to supervisory manager timely.
- Maintain and accurately track all accounting documentation.
- Maintain accounting records and audit evidence by making copies and filing documents.
Petty Cash Administration
- Administer Petty Cash disbursement and reconciles all retirements within 48hours.
- Raise cash call to replenish petty cash and maintain liquidity.
- Assist in implementing of internal control systems.
- Effect payment to vendors for services rendered after obtaining the necessary approvals and documentary evidence.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- 1st degree in Accounting, Economics or other Business Field
- Professional Accreditation (e.g. ACA,) is an advantage but not required
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as an Accounting Officer/Trainee Accountant within a reputable and structured business environment (e.g. a Bank, Oil &Gas or Manufacturing Company etc.)